News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 22, 2022, 06:32:31 PMI agree cops should not beat people up just for mouthing off and if they do they should be prosecuted.  However it's not something I believe happens much, if at all.

Same with getting shot for running away.

One should be polite to the police because one should be polite to everyone.  Of course you shouldn't get beat up for not being polite.  See above.

Yes, if police resort to force it's most likely because of a failure to comply. 

You should keep your hands in view if ordered to keep your hands in view.  If you're walking down the street you don't need to keep your hands in view.  Yes, the police want you to stay in the car if they pull you over.  I don't see the problem with this.

So noted.

Syt

My sister (orange) shared her friend's (red) Facebook post ...

:wacko:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

I was just thinking that your sisters don't seem to recycle *every single* Qanon theory.  It would be interesting to understand how their filters work.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Quote from: Syt on July 24, 2022, 02:19:10 AMMy sister (orange) shared her friend's (red) Facebook post ...

:wacko:

I don't really know how one interacts with that / figures out how to sway out of such positions.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

So she thinks people not voting is something that works against the republicans?   :lol:
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Josquius on July 24, 2022, 04:50:07 PMSo she thinks people not voting is something that works against the republicans?   :lol:

She probably thinks its easier for the Democrats and their Chinese and Venezuelan allies to fuck around with mail in ballots.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

The Minsky Moment

The unemployment rate was 6.7 percent then as opposed to 3.6% now.
Funny how easily people forget.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

The Brain

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 25, 2022, 10:47:00 AMThe unemployment rate was 6.7 percent then as opposed to 3.6% now.

:unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on July 25, 2022, 10:47:00 AMThe unemployment rate was 6.7 percent then as opposed to 3.6% now.

It's not a matter of forgetting, it's a matter of making up shit that is easily disproven.  E.g., the DIA was at 30,829 on Jan 6 2021 and was at 32,916 (a considerable comedown from the market's peak) on June 6, 2022.  The average price for gasoline was $2.26 in Jan 2021.  Border crossings were just off a ten-year high, and apprehensions in 2020 were the lowest in twenty years.  The record low for interest rates was in 2008-2015 (0.25).

Morons make bad liars.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Tamas

:lol: Syt should post that so his family can see it.

On second thought, they'd probably interpret it as hell yeah we are fighting the good fight unlike them libtards.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould