News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Law Enforcement should not be allowed to search for evidence with a warrant? It is immoral and disrespectful to care about the integrity of the republic and the constitution?

And I would have zero problem with a search of the Biden family if they had a warrant. They aren't above the law. If you want them to be investigated, do an investigation. A legal one, not a Alex Jones make shit up one.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quotehow deranged and afraid are these democrats that they throw how their morals and respect?

Don't we even language any more?  :weep: 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Jacob

Zoupa

Syt

I will say that Nebraska allowing 20 weeks is more generous than most European countries: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Europe

They seem to be among the more liberal of the US states when it comes to limitations: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_law_in_the_United_States_by_state#Limits_on_abortion
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on August 09, 2022, 10:28:36 AM
Quotehow deranged and afraid are these democrats that they throw how their morals and respect?

Don't we even language any more?  :weep: 

It took me a bit, but I think "throw how" is supposed to be "throw out".
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

crazy canuck

It is immoral for the FBI to search pursuant to a lawful warrant granted by the courts.  But perfectly fine for a presidential candidate to call for his opponent to be locked up? 

Tamas

I thought you were supposed to show respect to law enforcement and quietly let them law enforce on you?

Jacob

Quote from: Tamas on August 09, 2022, 11:49:53 AMI thought you were supposed to show respect to law enforcement and quietly let them law enforce on you?

The GOP's logic is the same as authoritarians everywhere - the law is there to be used as a tool to supress our political opponents and keep the out-groups in their place, but it is never to be used against our own side.

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on August 09, 2022, 11:49:53 AMI thought you were supposed to show respect to law enforcement and quietly let them law enforce on you?

This double standard is often remarked upon. When law enforcement inconveniences them it is tyranny and government abuse and demands a patriotic threat of violence. When law enforcement inconveniences others then it is back the blue and show respect for the heroes of law enforcement. And to be fair both sides of the culture war do this sort of thing. Because it is a culture war, the warriors are not even a little bit interested in consistent values or principles but in winning the war. I am sure Orban and the Hungarian culture warriors do the same: when Hungary does it it is fine for blah blah reasons, when somebody else does it they are just evil bad actors.

In the eyes of the culture warrior, particularly (but not exclusively) the right wing variety there are no good or bad laws or good or bad ideas just good or bad people. The bad people must be opposed at all costs. But man it seems just constant on the right wing these days.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

Always feels a bit weird for Trump fans to blast Biden for senility. Have they seen their guy?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: garbon on August 11, 2022, 02:54:20 AMAlways feels a bit weird for Trump fans to blast Biden for senility. Have they seen their guy?

Takes one to know?  :hmm:

crazy canuck

Quote from: Syt on August 11, 2022, 02:45:23 AM

Add the words "white nationalist" in front of "America" and its more accurate.