News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

She kinda looks like she regrets it in the moment.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 21, 2022, 06:27:19 PMFirst rule of holes Grumbles.

If you want to deny that miners are employed to work in a dangerous environment, keep digging.  If not stop digging and climb out.

First Rule of Strawmen, Canuckles:  you suck at them, but can't resist trying them out anyway.

The issue isn't that I am trying to "want to deny that miners are employed to work in a dangerous environment."  Only a moron would make that statement (at least as a general statement), and only you have made that statement.  The issue is your absurd assertion that "Miners putting themselves in dangerous situations IS the job of a miner."  Your panicky flight from your arguments and attempts to obfuscate the issue with strawman arguments, red herrings, and non sequiturs tells me that you know you made a stupid argument, but also that you cannot bring yourself to admit it.

First Rule of Holes, Canuckles.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Besides, lots of miners these days work in strip mining. While the equipment they are working on is enormous and very dangerous to work with, it isn't quite going deep underground with a candle and a canary.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

never mind
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2022, 01:12:08 AMWhat do you mean by "deference" Jake?

"Yes officer, I'm sorry I was speeding?"

"We salute our brave uniformed officers killed in the line of duty?"

"Yeah, shoot whoever you want, we trust your judgement?"

Something else?

I've seen all of those, but I was more thinking:

"That guy talked trash to the cops, of course they kicked the shit out of him."

"Well if he didn't want to get shot he should've stopped running away."

"Always be polite to officers because they can make your life hell if they take a disliking to you."

"If the police beat you up it's most likely your own fault. You should've complied."

"Always keep your hands in view. Don't make eye contact. Don't get out of the car (because if you do you may trigger the cops and pay the price)."

Syt

Quote from: Jacob on July 21, 2022, 01:21:28 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on July 21, 2022, 01:14:59 PMTranslation?

My guess: Mass shooters are a deep state plot, but if the citizenry has access to military grade weaponry they will stop the mass shooters and everything will be better.

Another post he shared. (None of the commenters are in my family, so I didn't anonymize them this time):

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

They're not even trying to hide it. 124 likes. Wtf.

It's an interesting slant. I guess it logically follows if you think the victims are actors. How the hell are people so messed up though.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

So what is those guys deranged theory? That the shooters are groomed by the federal government based on their choice of weapons?

Syt

I assume government creates these attacks to push through gun control and other oppressive measures?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I guess they think the shooters, like the victims, are paid actors.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on July 22, 2022, 04:46:51 AMI guess they think the shooters, like the victims, are paid actors.

I didn't see mention of the victims being actors, just that the shooters are groomed by the deep state to take away them constitutional freedoms or whatever. Which is admittedly a neat lie to take something that very brutally shows the terrible consequences of your deranged unhinged pet peeves, and turn it into something that supports your deranged unhinged pet peeves.

Eddie Teach

Pet peeve? Those are little things that irritate you. I don't think guns qualify.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tamas

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 22, 2022, 09:47:32 AMPet peeve? Those are little things that irritate you. I don't think guns qualify.

Yeah because the importance of easy access to them is blown out of all sane proportions

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Jacob on July 21, 2022, 09:46:45 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 21, 2022, 01:12:08 AMI've seen all of those, but I was more thinking:

"That guy talked trash to the cops, of course they kicked the shit out of him."

"Well if he didn't want to get shot he should've stopped running away."

"Always be polite to officers because they can make your life hell if they take a disliking to you."

"If the police beat you up it's most likely your own fault. You should've complied."

"Always keep your hands in view. Don't make eye contact. Don't get out of the car (because if you do you may trigger the cops and pay the price)."

I agree cops should not beat people up just for mouthing off and if they do they should be prosecuted.  However it's not something I believe happens much, if at all.

Same with getting shot for running away.

One should be polite to the police because one should be polite to everyone.  Of course you shouldn't get beat up for not being polite.  See above.

Yes, if police resort to force it's most likely because of a failure to comply. 

You should keep your hands in view if ordered to keep your hands in view.  If you're walking down the street you don't need to keep your hands in view.  Yes, the police want you to stay in the car if they pull you over.  I don't see the problem with this.