News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I do think it is a poor one as it makes it seem like that kind of opinion is something we should care about/by comparison has a slight tinge that Trump's marital relations are immoral. Still very unlikely that a twice divorced Hil would be looked upon kindly.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 14, 2016, 02:50:31 AMUhm, that it's 2016 and people are allowed to remarry?  :huh:

Have you never heard of social conservative religious right wing people before? :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Being socially conservative religious right wing people didn't stop my parents from getting divorced.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2016, 03:11:50 AM
I do think it is a poor one as it makes it seem like that kind of opinion is something we should care about/by comparison has a slight tinge that Trump's marital relations are immoral.

I know, right?  Especially since he eventually married every mistress he was cheating on his wives with. 

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2016, 09:45:40 AM
I do think it is a poor one as it makes it seem like that kind of opinion is something we should care about/by comparison has a slight tinge that Trump's marital relations are immoral.

I know, right?  Especially since he eventually married every mistress he was cheating on his wives with. 

I don't know that I'm all that bothered by cheating in general except that it is quite a sign of weakness. If you want to mess around with other people when you've ostensibly entered a monogamous relationship than have those awkward conversations ahead of time.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

I do think it is a poor one as it makes it seem like that kind of opinion is something we should care about/by comparison has a slight tinge that Trump's marital relations are immoral. Still very unlikely that a twice divorced Hil would be looked upon kindly.

It's supposed to be pointing out a double standard. Powerful men are not looked down upon (as much) for marital infidelity.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Malthus on August 15, 2016, 08:59:14 AM

It's supposed to be pointing out a double standard. Powerful men are not looked down upon (as much) for marital infidelity.

Oh, of course, I know that's what they are intending - just has some bad connotations as I noted.

Martinus

:XD:

QuoteKatrina Lanette Pierson (née Shaddix,[1] born July 20, 1976[a]) is an American Tea Party activist and communications consultant. Since November 2015, she serves as national spokesperson for the Donald Trump 2016 presidential campaign.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

alfred russel

Quote from: 11B4V on August 15, 2016, 03:36:23 PM
Collective insanity. What can you do.

It has been going on for almost 2000 years. If they haven't wised up by now, probably nothing.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

dps

Quote from: garbon on August 14, 2016, 10:11:21 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 14, 2016, 09:45:40 AM

I don't know that I'm all that bothered by cheating in general except that it is quite a sign of weakness. If you want to mess around with other people when you've ostensibly entered a monogamous relationship than have those awkward conversations ahead of time.

I think that marital infidelity is a pretty big sign of poor character in general.  But I can't really hold it against Trump because Clinton supporters have spent much of the last 24 years telling us that we shouldn't hold it against Bill. 

Fortunately, there are plenty of other things to hold against Trump.

Admiral Yi

The difference is Bill's women knew they were having a fling, whereas Donald's women thought they had found true love.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 15, 2016, 07:33:57 PM
The difference is Bill's women knew they were having a fling, whereas Donald's women thought they had found a billionaire husband.

Fixed.