White Supremacists Shoot Five at Black Lives Matter Protest!

Started by jimmy olsen, November 24, 2015, 08:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Terrible :o

http://www.startribune.com/several-people-were-shot-near-black-lives-matter-protest-site/353121881/

QuoteFive people shot near Black Lives Matter protest site
Injured are hospitalized after gunfire erupts near Black Lives Matter camp.
November 24, 2015 — 5:31am

Five protesters were shot late Monday night near the Black Lives Matter encampment at the Fourth Precinct police station in north Minneapolis, according to police.

Those who were shot sustained non-life-threatening injuries, said police spokesman John Elder in a statement.

Miski Noor, a media contact for Black Lives Matter, said "a group of white supremacists showed up at the protest, as they have done most nights."

One of the three counterdemonstrators wore a mask, said Dana Jaehnert, who had been at the protest site since early evening.

When about a dozen protesters attempted to herd the group away from the area, Noor said, they "opened fire on about six protesters," hitting five of them. Jaehnert said she heard four gunshots.

The shootings occurred at 10:45 p.m. on Morgan Avenue N. about a block north of the precinct station.

The attackers fled. No arrests had been made by midnight Monday. Police said via their Twitter feed that they are searching for three white male suspects.

The gunshot victims were taken to North Memorial Medical Center and Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC), deputy police chief Medaria Arradondo said at the scene.

A person at the scene said one of the victims had been shot in the stomach, and was undergoing surgery overnight at HCMC.

Jie Wronski-Riley said angry protesters moved the counter-demonstrators away from the encampment at the police station. Wronski-Riley heard what sounded like firecrackers and thought, "surely they're not shooting human beings." Two young black men on either side of him were hit, one in the back and leg, the other in the arm.

At least two of the three men who had been taunting protesters were firing guns, said Wronski-Riley, who described the incident as "really chaotic, really fast."

"I am obviously appalled that white supremacists would open fire on nonviolent, peaceful protesters," said Nekima Levy-Pounds, president of the Minneapolis chapter of the NAACP, who returned to the site after the shootings.

The protesters, angry over the fatal police shooting of 24-year-old Jamar Clark on Nov. 15, have maintained a presence outside the police station ever since.

Eddie Sutton, Jamar's brother, issued this statement early Tuesday morning in response to the shootings:

"Thank you to the community for the incredible support you have shown for our family in this difficult time. We appreciate Black Lives Matter for holding it down and keeping the protests peaceful. But in light of tonight's shootings, the family feels out of imminent concern for the safety of the occupiers, we must get the occupation of the 4th precinct ended and onto the next step."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

I am sure the shooters were not motivated by their corrupt, immoral ideology but by socio-economic conditions imposed on them by Western imperialism.

Berkut

Quote from: Martinus on November 24, 2015, 09:11:47 AM
I am sure the shooters were not motivated by their corrupt, immoral ideology but by socio-economic conditions imposed on them by Western imperialism.

:lmfao:

We could ask them, but of course they probably don't even know why they do what they do...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Valmy

A little surprised the police were not notified and aware of a white supremacist counter demonstration.

Well glad nobody was killed and I hope they catch the bastards.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2015, 10:22:49 AM
A little surprised the police were not notified and aware of a white supremacist counter demonstration.

Well glad nobody was killed and I hope they catch the bastards.

Yeah, counter-demonstrations are usually closely watched over here. Heck, most often the counter-demo is forced away from the path of the original one by the authorities.

viper37

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 24, 2015, 08:59:55 AM
Terrible :o

http://www.startribune.com/several-people-were-shot-near-black-lives-matter-protest-site/353121881/

QuoteFive people shot near Black Lives Matter protest site
Injured are hospitalized after gunfire erupts near Black Lives Matter camp.
November 24, 2015 — 5:31am

Five protesters were shot late Monday night near the Black Lives Matter encampment at the Fourth Precinct police station in north Minneapolis, according to police.

Those who were shot sustained non-life-threatening injuries, said police spokesman John Elder in a statement.

Miski Noor, a media contact for Black Lives Matter, said "a group of white supremacists showed up at the protest, as they have done most nights."

One of the three counterdemonstrators wore a mask, said Dana Jaehnert, who had been at the protest site since early evening.

When about a dozen protesters attempted to herd the group away from the area, Noor said, they "opened fire on about six protesters," hitting five of them. Jaehnert said she heard four gunshots.

The shootings occurred at 10:45 p.m. on Morgan Avenue N. about a block north of the precinct station.

The attackers fled. No arrests had been made by midnight Monday. Police said via their Twitter feed that they are searching for three white male suspects.

The gunshot victims were taken to North Memorial Medical Center and Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC), deputy police chief Medaria Arradondo said at the scene.

A person at the scene said one of the victims had been shot in the stomach, and was undergoing surgery overnight at HCMC.

Jie Wronski-Riley said angry protesters moved the counter-demonstrators away from the encampment at the police station. Wronski-Riley heard what sounded like firecrackers and thought, "surely they're not shooting human beings." Two young black men on either side of him were hit, one in the back and leg, the other in the arm.

At least two of the three men who had been taunting protesters were firing guns, said Wronski-Riley, who described the incident as "really chaotic, really fast."

"I am obviously appalled that white supremacists would open fire on nonviolent, peaceful protesters," said Nekima Levy-Pounds, president of the Minneapolis chapter of the NAACP, who returned to the site after the shootings.

The protesters, angry over the fatal police shooting of 24-year-old Jamar Clark on Nov. 15, have maintained a presence outside the police station ever since.

Eddie Sutton, Jamar's brother, issued this statement early Tuesday morning in response to the shootings:

"Thank you to the community for the incredible support you have shown for our family in this difficult time. We appreciate Black Lives Matter for holding it down and keeping the protests peaceful. But in light of tonight's shootings, the family feels out of imminent concern for the safety of the occupiers, we must get the occupation of the 4th precinct ended and onto the next step."

maybe they should have been roughed up?

QuoteOne of the three counterdemonstrators wore a mask
it should be easy to avoid such things in the future, simply forbid any masks during a a protest.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Their corrupt immoral ideology pretty much is Western imperialism, so in this case both can be true at the same time  :smarty:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on November 24, 2015, 12:52:50 PM

Their corrupt immoral ideology pretty much is Western imperialism, so in this case both can be true at the same time  :smarty:

Pretty sure you can be racist without being an imperial power, as Eastern Europe shows all the time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on November 24, 2015, 01:43:06 PM
I wonder what Syt's in-laws will say.

The presence of the demonstrators threatened the 2nd amendment rights of the law-abiding gun owners?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Valmy

Jacob

Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2015, 02:26:31 PMPretty sure you can be racist without being an imperial power, as Eastern Europe shows all the time.

For sure, but the ideology of white supremacy is direct product of - and explicit justification for - various Western imperial projects. The taxonomy of races, the superiority of white over black, the reading of moral character into racial characteristics, the insistence on racial separatism, and so on, are all products of the ideologies created by Western imperial powers that served to justify their imperialism at the time.

And, as per the title of the thread, we were speaking of white supremacists in particular.

But yeah, I agree that there are ways to be racist that are different from White Supremacy, and those different ways may be significantly less related to Western imperialism (or even not at all).

LaCroix

no, it's because christianity is a dangerous religion and has caused every war in the west :P

Martinus

Quote from: Jacob on November 24, 2015, 07:43:55 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 24, 2015, 02:26:31 PMPretty sure you can be racist without being an imperial power, as Eastern Europe shows all the time.

For sure, but the ideology of white supremacy is direct product of - and explicit justification for - various Western imperial projects. The taxonomy of races, the superiority of white over black, the reading of moral character into racial characteristics, the insistence on racial separatism, and so on, are all products of the ideologies created by Western imperial powers that served to justify their imperialism at the time.

And, as per the title of the thread, we were speaking of white supremacists in particular.

But yeah, I agree that there are ways to be racist that are different from White Supremacy, and those different ways may be significantly less related to Western imperialism (or even not at all).

Ok, Noam.  :rolleyes:

By the way, are you saying that Eastern Europeans are not white or that their racism is not about white supremacy?  :lol: