News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Oxford's Word of the Year 2015 is...

Started by Liep, November 17, 2015, 09:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Why, dear God, why? Does anybody find man buns attractive?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

I instantly regard guys with buns as irrelevant.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

mongers

The OP should be a joke, shouldn't it?  :cry: (smilie irony)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Crazy_Ivan80

they (singular)?   :wacko:
Next year: I (plural)?

garbon

Quote from: Brazen on November 17, 2015, 11:58:53 AM
Quote from: Martinus on November 17, 2015, 11:41:55 AM
Speaking of men grooming failures, there is nothing I hate more than a samurai style ponytail some men are sporting these days. Combined with a (usually unkempt) beard, this looks disgusting.
Ponytails are out. Man buns are in.

If you can't grow one, buy one.

But they are like fake-in, I've yet to meet a person who actually said they look good.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on November 17, 2015, 04:23:12 PM
But they are like fake-in, I've yet to meet a person who actually said they look good.

No, I think they're "in" in, since I've seen men with hair buns out on the street.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

I know two guys with manbuns.  Also saw a prototypical lumbersexual on Halloween.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on November 17, 2015, 05:32:41 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 17, 2015, 04:23:12 PM

No, I think they're "in" in, since I've seen men with hair buns out on the street.

Well yes, there are people that wear them. There are people that wear lots of not 'in' styles.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

I'm gonna get me one of those there fake man-buns.

With encroaching baldness, I'll look like a Samurai - and thus be both fashionable - and indulge in Cultural appropriation -  in one gesture!  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Don't you wear tiny hats that kinda resemble a bun anyway?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 17, 2015, 05:54:28 PM
Don't you wear tiny hats that kinda resemble a bun anyway?  :hmm:

I would if I was an observant Orthodox or Conservative Jew ... though those little hats don't really look like buns. They are sorta flat on the head.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Razgovory

Quote from: Malthus on November 17, 2015, 05:51:49 PM

With encroaching baldness, I'll look like a Samurai - and thus be both fashionable - and indulge in Cultural appropriation -  in one gesture!  :D

Great, now you are going to harassed for microagression.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Razgovory on November 17, 2015, 06:02:02 PM
Quote from: Malthus on November 17, 2015, 05:51:49 PM

Great, now you are going to harassed for microagression.

Well, if I also wear the two swords, I can soar beyond "micro" ...  :menace:

Eddie Teach

The Japanese community of Languish has been pretty quiet up to now, in spite of the many microaggressions in the anime thread.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?