News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Football Manager 16

Started by Pedrito, November 16, 2015, 02:44:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

I've seen on Steam that Kat and Syt already have it; I've avoided FM15, after having read some negative reviews, but I'm thinking about buying this year's iteration: any good news about it?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

katmai

I'm enjoying it so far, started a random low level job in Portuguese third tier.
like the changes to tactics creation and scouting so far.
I also played hell out of FM15 so take stock of what i think from that :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Liep

I'm currently playing a game in FM15 so I'll hold out for that 10% or whatever at the Christmas sale. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Yeah i'll stick with 15 till the January transfer window sale.

Kat what differences are there?
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Pedrito

Kat, please elaborate on tactics and scouting  :hmm:

Are you playing normal or classic?

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

RPS article isn't especially convincing, but that's the thing with this game, you can't overhaul it year by year. It's like the FIFA games, the yearly changes were incremental, but over time, they were great.
There is an argument for skipping one year each time (which I used to do), but now I just wait until it's on sale normally in January.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Speaking of FIFA, the last I bought was '12. Is it worth getting my xbox 360 from the basement and buy the '16? Do they even make games for the 360 still?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

I stopped playing FIFA a few years ago. I found in order to be good at it, and do all the cool tricks, I needed three hands and 15 fingers.

Seriously, I found it was missing a skill level for me. At one skill level I would win every game, but in the skill level up I was losing all the time. So I threw my controller at the tv and gave up
Civis Romanus Sum

katmai

Quote from: Pedrito on November 17, 2015, 07:11:25 AM
Kat, please elaborate on tactics and scouting  :hmm:

Are you playing normal or classic?

L.
Creating tactics is set up more in GUI intuitive way.

The scouting just changed the presentation of info in reports which i like.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Josquius

Bought the last one. Not going to drop my.game on there.
Also I doubt they've fixed the save game corruption issues in this
██████
██████
██████

celedhring

I haven't bought a FM game since 2013. It's weird because I used to sink an embarrassingly big number of hours into it. Might be time to break my fast, although the RPS writeup doesn't sound too encouraging.

My problem with the series is that it reached a point where they just added yearly features without really examining the core experience. I understand why they won't do that (don't fix what's not broken/mess up with something that makes millions every year), but every year just seemed too same-ish to me.

Josquius

True. They go for big surface features that make for nice screenshots whilst the technical core (not just experience, actual core) is identical- hence the same bugs coming up year after year.

I get why they do it from a business pov yet still: <_<
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Actually the Classic Mode introduced in FM15 is an incredible adition, IMO.

celedhring

Quote from: The Larch on November 24, 2015, 07:44:12 AM
Actually the Classic Mode introduced in FM15 is an incredible adition, IMO.

It's older than that, I played classic games in FM13, the last one I owned.