The New Intolerance of Student Activism

Started by Martinus, November 15, 2015, 02:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 17, 2015, 10:47:33 AM
Funny though that Dr. Dre is now the fount of symbolic oppression.

Straight outta privilege
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on November 17, 2015, 08:00:37 AM

Quote"They confronted students who bore 'symbols of oppression' such as 'gangster hats' and Beats-brand headphones.[/b]

My son got me some Beats.

They work quite well.  :)

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on November 17, 2015, 09:14:21 AM
Btw, is it just me or does the Washington Times site look like crap with all the advertisements everywhere?

It's run by Yi's family.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2015, 12:22:24 PM
Quote from: Martinus on November 17, 2015, 08:00:37 AM

Quote"They confronted students who bore 'symbols of oppression' such as 'gangster hats' and Beats-brand headphones.[/b]

My son got me some Beats.

They work quite well.  :)

Do they? I heard they kind of blow for the price.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

ok, now you have heard they work well for the price.  What will you do?

Admiral Yi

Were the Dartmouth library thugs students or outside agitatahs?

If they were students it will be interesting to see what, if any, disciplinary action the university takes.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 17, 2015, 05:21:50 PM

Keep it in mind next time I buy headphones. I tend to go through them pretty often.

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on November 17, 2015, 09:58:59 PM

Keep it in mind next time I buy headphones. I tend to go through them pretty often.

Why?  Headphones last many years. 

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 17, 2015, 05:35:05 PM
Were the Dartmouth library thugs students or outside agitatahs?

If they were students it will be interesting to see what, if any, disciplinary action the university takes.

It doesn't say but you sort of get the impression they were outside agitatahs.

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on November 17, 2015, 10:12:22 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 17, 2015, 09:58:59 PM

Why?  Headphones last many years. 

Not the way I use them.

Monoriu

Quote from: Valmy on November 17, 2015, 10:46:45 PM

Not the way I use them.

:blink: I am not aware of any way to use headphones that reduce their lifespan.  Unless you soak them in water or hit them against walls.  I expect my headphones to last many, many years. 

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on November 17, 2015, 10:55:57 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 17, 2015, 10:46:45 PM

Not the way I use them.

:blink: I am not aware of any way to use headphones that reduce their lifespan.  Unless you soak them in water or hit them against walls.  I expect my headphones to last many, many years. 

I wear them when I do housework and exercise and the like. They wear out physically.

Eddie Teach

Or step on them. They still function, but they don't sit in your ears unless you hold them there.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Or leave them in the bottom of your messenger bag and have them beat to shit over a few days.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on November 18, 2015, 12:53:21 AM
Or leave them in the bottom of your messenger bag and have them beat to shit over a few days.

:o Surely suspending them for a semester or two would be sufficient punishment!