The New Intolerance of Student Activism

Started by Martinus, November 15, 2015, 02:08:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

crazy canuck

Quote from: Monoriu on November 17, 2015, 10:55:57 PM
Quote from: Valmy on November 17, 2015, 10:46:45 PM

Not the way I use them.

:blink: I am not aware of any way to use headphones that reduce their lifespan.  Unless you soak them in water or hit them against walls.  I expect my headphones to last many, many years.

He's a headbanger

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on November 17, 2015, 10:30:06 AM
We even see its vague echoes here: Berkut or I or someone like us says something that is correct but unpopular, the usual gang indulges themselves in the usual dogpile, then Minsky agrees with us and the same dogpile scrambles to agree with him.  It is fascinating and amusing.
:hmm:  :lmfao:

crazy canuck

Quote from: DGuller on November 18, 2015, 08:26:04 AM
Quote from: grumbler on November 17, 2015, 10:30:06 AM
We even see its vague echoes here: Berkut or I or someone like us says something that is correct but unpopular, the usual gang indulges themselves in the usual dogpile, then Minsky agrees with us and the same dogpile scrambles to agree with him.  It is fascinating and amusing.
:hmm:  :lmfao:

He was right about one thing.  It was fascinating and amusing to read that post.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Richard Hakluyt

Ah, I see, you must be one of those pony fellows.