University of Missouri Authorities Apprehend Suspect Behind Social Media Threats

Started by garbon, November 12, 2015, 03:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on November 12, 2015, 01:39:09 PM
Quote from: Scipio on November 12, 2015, 01:34:17 PM
Activists are now segregating all the white activists. Hilarious.

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/mizzou-protesters-now-segregating-their-members-by-race/

Oddly, only the conservative blogosphere seems to have any mentions of a black only healing space.

It seems like there is a lot of conflicting information floating around regarding this situation.

Valmy

I will wait for our eyes and ears in Missouri, Raz, confirms or denies this report.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

I wonder to what extent this has been a prank by some jokesters that now spiralled out of proportion? I mean, the shit swastika and other reports, such as someone changing the library wallpaper to read "hangings will begin on [a December date here]" sounds more like someone with a sick sense of humour than an actual threat.

Martinus

Incidentally:

Quotethe Black Culture Center

:hmm:

Is it common for US students to segregate themselves by race?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on November 12, 2015, 02:46:30 PM
Incidentally:

Quotethe Black Culture Center

:hmm:

Is it common for US students to segregate themselves by race?

Its not uncommon for various groups to have separate clubs, meeting spaces etc.

Martinus

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on November 12, 2015, 02:50:55 PM
Define "black culture".

Oh come on Marty.  What is Black culture (in the US)?  It's slavery. Segregation. Motown.  Rap music.  Black churches.  Black hair.  Soul food.

African-Americans have lived in the US for hundreds of years and have a very definite "culture".
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on November 12, 2015, 03:00:38 PM
Define "black culture".

Oh come on Marty.  What is Black culture (in the US)?  It's slavery. Segregation. Motown.  Rap music.  Black churches.  Black hair.  Soul food.

African-Americans have lived in the US for hundreds of years and have a very definite "culture".

:unsure:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Brain on November 12, 2015, 03:03:25 PM
Define "black culture".

:unsure:

Don't worry, there's a Swedish-American culture too.

garbon

Define "black culture".

I am not part of a culture of slavery, cracker. :angry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on November 12, 2015, 03:10:36 PM
Define "black culture".

I am not part of a culture of slavery, cracker. :angry:

Get it right - I'm a honky. :mad:

But even from your own link:

QuoteThe distinct identity of African-American culture is rooted in the historical experience of the African-American people, including the Middle Passage.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.