News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lords of Waterdeep

Started by Berkut, October 29, 2015, 09:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

I know! I thought I had you up until round 7 or 8 and you suddenly surged ahead. :P
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Sorry Berkut, I messed up when setting up our 3 person game.

I thought the turn timer was hours between turns, not total time combined you could have to take your turns.

Berkut

I figured you were just desperate for a win. :P

I setup a new one. The game is pretty fun.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

bogh

It's a great game, very solid worker placement. If you're willing to accept the New Zealand time zone lag, I'll happily join in (my tag is "boghsteren"). I've been playing with some friend for a while, but am pretty bad overall.

celedhring

Yeah, LoW is great. Very tight placement mechanics and tempo. It's one of our favorite half-afternoon games in our playing group.

Martinus

Sure, the more the merrier. We are anyway lagging badly as Berkut usually plays his round around 2-3 a.m. my time so we normally just play one round per day.

My handle is Martinus.

bogh

Good stuff so far. BTW the expansion is well worth it once you've mastered the core game, as it adds a bunch of new tricks and an additional dimension to manage (corruption).

Berkut

That was a good game - I didn't think I was going to win at all, much less end up with a bunch of points. That last quest at the end was basically a gift.

I think the game has a really interesting mix between just playing your own game, and actively trying to interfere with others.

I bought the first expansion, will fire up a new game with it if you guys are cool with that...

0 rows returned

Jaron

I am!

I was shocked when you played that last quest, but from your lord bonus at the end it seems like you probably had us either way. Good game!

Martinus

I am enjoying our current game. I wish there was maniacal laughter I could play after playing the "reveal lord" card. :P

Jaron

Quote from: Martinus on December 09, 2015, 02:38:24 AM
I am enjoying our current game. I wish there was maniacal laughter I could play after playing the "reveal lord" card. :P

:rolleyes:

Berkut

You should be enjoying it, you are crushing us.

0 rows returned

Berkut

My god, Marty is just destroying us.

0 rows returned

Jaron

Those 40 vp cards are really game changers. I didn't even know they existed and I think Martinus has played two of them.

Martinus

It really helped to get the extra agent and that double Intrigue effect from quests.