News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Lords of Waterdeep

Started by Berkut, October 29, 2015, 09:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

For those unfamiliar with the game, there's a Tabletop episode about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7DvEIfrP84 (there's also an extended version of it that shows the full, non-condensed gameplay, I think).

I don't have an iOS device, so I'm out.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jaron

I got an iPhone 6 plus this year and when I look at other peoples phones I have no idea how they get by on such tiny screens.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

I don't understand. If you want something that big, just get a tablet. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on October 31, 2015, 08:46:18 AM
I don't understand. If you want something that big, just get a tablet. :huh:

I don't get it either.  I get the "kids these days" don't really use the phone for talking but then why not just get a smaller tablet.

No 4" phone in the 6 line - Steve Jobs must be rolling over in his grave. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Berkut

A tablet doesn't fit in my pocket.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Richard Hakluyt

crazy canuck

I am trying to decide which way to go on that.  I have what others have said is an ancient iphone 4.  It is perfectly fine for my purposes but apparently I must upgrade in the new year.

garbon

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on November 02, 2015, 12:45:25 PM
You need a bigger pocket.

Or obviously a servant to carry one's tablet.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Berkut on November 02, 2015, 12:41:49 PM
A tablet doesn't fit in my pocket.

Right.  And neither does a giant, tablet sized phone.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Berkut

Well, I don't know about a "giant, tablet sized phone" by my iPhone 6+ fits fine.

Anyway, there is another place to bitch about apple products. I want to get a game going!

0 rows returned

Jaron

I bought this game and I like it, but I feel I suck at it. I never beat the AI on easy.

I don't know if I tunnel vision too much on completing my quests - I rarely buy buildings but I probably should. I rarely play intrigue cards, which is probably another no no. I tend to get a quest card, get what I need to finish the quest and repeat. This doesn't seem to be a winning strategy for me.

Berkut

Yeah, I am in the same boat Jaron. Send me a friend request, we can suck at the game together.

0 rows returned

Jaron

I sent a request to Berkut... hopefully that is you. :P My username on that is ichythus

Jaron

Berkut,

The game would be slower paced due to geography, but would you be interested in a 3 player game with Martinus?

Berkut

Sure. That first game was enjoyably close.

0 rows returned