Turkey Police Shutter TV Stations of Government Critics

Started by Syt, October 28, 2015, 11:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Tamas on November 01, 2016, 12:53:31 PM
Berkut, just let it go.

There isn't anything for me to "let go", I don't think.

Raz lied, he pretty much admitted he lied, it's all good. Life goes on - it's not like we learned anything new by this in any case.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Berkut on November 01, 2016, 12:57:49 PM
Berkut, just let it go.

Raz lied, he pretty much admitted he lied, it's all good. Life goes on - it's not like we learned anything new by this in any case.

You are down some lifespan unnecessarily.  I'd recommend the grumbler approach to raz.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

Quote from: grumbler on November 01, 2016, 01:08:12 PM
Quote from: Berkut on November 01, 2016, 12:57:49 PM
Berkut, just let it go.

You are down some lifespan unnecessarily.  I'd recommend the grumbler approach to raz.

True enough.

0 rows returned

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2016, 10:12:02 AM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 01, 2016, 10:04:17 AM
Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2016, 07:22:13 AM
2. I am somewhat relieved to hear there was still an opposition newspaper to suppress in 2016. Hopefully there are several more out there.

Report I saw indicated he got the last one.

I see. 2016 continues to deliver.

Erdogan is building up quite a coalition against him.

Erdogan has a huge fifth column all over Europe willing to use violence to make sure he gets his heart's desire.
The rest of the scenario writes itself...

The Minsky Moment

"we" (the West) needs Turkey and thus Erdogan who runs the show there, for the foreseeable future.
So nothing will happen in terms of outside pressure, if Turkey wants real democracy, the Turks will have to do it themselves.  Good luck to them.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on November 01, 2016, 11:29:58 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on November 01, 2016, 11:12:29 AM
I don't think you know what the word lie means, Berkut.

So you are claiming that I did in fact only support letting in Syrian refuges who were atheists?

Or are you saying that you honestly thought that was my position, but now realize that you were completely wrong and came to that conclusion based on your own prejudices and inability to understand simple words and meanings?

For me to tell a lie, I must knowingly say something that I don't believe to be true.  What you "want" can't be objectively known as it is entirely internal, there for anything I say about what you want is my opinion.  My statement was informed by your contempt for religion and slavish devotion to an Islamaphobe Sam Harris.  Originally the statement was just an off-hand snide comment (the same as anyone gets), but it really seems to have hit a nerve.  If you don't want to be the recipient of such statements stop posting stuff from Islamaphobic authors, stop justifying their statements, and stop defending them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Got it, you are doubling down on being a liar.

Not surprised.

0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on November 01, 2016, 02:38:00 PM
Got it, you are doubling down on being a liar.

Not surprised.

Got it, you don't understand shit.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Berkut

Lolzors. Raz really doesn't like being caught in his lie, does he?

0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on November 01, 2016, 02:59:11 PM
Lolzors. Raz really doesn't like being caught in his lie, does he?

Demonstrate where I lied.

Razgovory

Tell you what.  I will be willing to concede I was wrong in my statement about you, Berkut, if you clarify your opinion of Muslims.

Valmy

Berkut doesn't like religion but he doesn't seem to dislike the people. I mean he has noting but contempt for my religion but treats me fine.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on November 01, 2016, 03:36:22 PM
Berkut doesn't like religion but he doesn't seem to dislike the people. I mean he has noting but contempt for my religion but treats me fine.

Battered much?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.