And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 02, 2015, 06:48:41 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 02, 2015, 06:10:09 PM
I often think how I would survive in that world. Join a group and go on a long walk ,a la TWD, or would I hole up in an apartment with as much food as i can loot hope for the best. I think I'd hole myself up.

You'll probably change your mind after a few months or years of isolation.

Well, realistically, his holed-up-in-an-apartment food would last a few weeks tops.  Even less time if one assumes the water system to apartment blocks effectively shuts down.

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on November 02, 2015, 08:36:04 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 02, 2015, 06:48:41 PM
Quote from: Josephus on November 02, 2015, 06:10:09 PM
I often think how I would survive in that world. Join a group and go on a long walk ,a la TWD, or would I hole up in an apartment with as much food as i can loot hope for the best. I think I'd hole myself up.

You'll probably change your mind after a few months or years of isolation.

Well, realistically, his holed-up-in-an-apartment food would last a few weeks tops.  Even less time if one assumes the water system to apartment blocks effectively shuts down.

Bottled water :)

But yeah, my plan doesn't have longterm appeal. But I could go out scavenging now and then. It's just than, I'm almost 50, won't survive long battling zombies at my age.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on November 02, 2015, 10:00:50 PM
It's just than, I'm almost 50, won't survive long battling zombies at my age.

So is Morgan. And Carol.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

It was OK.  Still doesn't really answer the real questions. Like just how did he get so Fucked up. Clearing people and writing crazy shit like that... I thought rick had already pulled him back?
Why is it people are surviving happily until the moment they meet a protagonist when suddenly stupid disease overrides survival?
Just what is the W guys issue?

Though I guess it does confirm that WD  zombies hate animals
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on November 02, 2015, 10:52:38 PM

So is Morgan. And Carol.

Both of them can kick the shit out of me.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

In a zombie apocalypse, I would be in charge. Like that guy from Book of Eli.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on November 03, 2015, 07:47:31 AM

So is Morgan. And Carol.

Both needed some toughening up in the beginning too.  Carol's character development is a great part of the show.  Go back and watch some of those early episodes on Netflix and watch how her character started out.

Josephus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 03, 2015, 11:13:01 AM

So is Morgan. And Carol.

Both needed some toughening up in the beginning too.  Carol's character development is a great part of the show.  Go back and watch some of those early episodes on Netflix and watch how her character started out.

yes, I remember her from the first season. Wife-beater husband and zombie daughter. She has been through a lot.

KRonn

So is Morgan. And Carol.

Yeah, Carol has gone through a huge character development change. She's become pretty damn awesome actually.

crazy canuck

Quote from: KRonn on November 03, 2015, 01:47:39 PM

So is Morgan. And Carol.

Yeah, Carol has gone through a huge character development change. She's become pretty damn awesome actually.

Scary is the way I would describe it.  I am not sure the good hearted Carol is actually still in there.  Part of what makes the character great in this series.

KRonn

Agreed on that. I'm waiting to see what her character becomes. She could certainly become more scary, or perhaps continue to be a strong member of the group. So far a tough minded person, and one who is able to play the sweet home maker and ingratiating herself with everyone, mainly as a ploy to keep a watch on things and others. She has certainly shown her tough resourcefulness a number of times before Alexandria, such as at Terminus where she smeared Walker blood on her to mingle with the Walkers, then get close enough to blow up a fuel tank at Terminus to help the group escape. Scary or unpredictable in how she killed a couple of sick people back at the prison.

Admiral Yi

You can trick a zombie with makeup?  I thought they operated on smell or something like that.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 03, 2015, 02:45:50 PM
You can trick a zombie with makeup?  I thought they operated on smell or something like that.

That's why she used Walker blood. ;)

Tonitrus

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 03, 2015, 02:59:11 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 03, 2015, 02:45:50 PM

That's why she used Walker blood. ;)

Yeah, I think they established that in the first couple episodes of the show, that smearing yourself in zombie guts makes for legit zombie-camo.

Josephus