News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Walking Dead spoilers thread

Started by viper37, October 25, 2015, 10:23:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Quote from: lustindarkness on November 01, 2015, 10:49:44 PM
Morgan's episode was The Good, even if a bit slow, very well done.

Right. Forgot about this thread.

Yes, I was quite impressed. Brilliant acting by both. Well staged. Found it quite gripping. An Emmy winner for sure. (Or Grammy, whatever they give out TV awards for)
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

KRonn

Great episode. I wasn't expecting a full 90 mins on Morgan but found it an interesting change of pace and also a much needed backstory on Morgan.

crazy canuck

It was a very good episode.  But I think their timing of showing this standalone bit was poor.  We were all waiting to see what was going happened to Rick.  I really don't care much about Morgan's backstory now.  It would have been a lot better if we had seen that earlier in the season.

Josephus

Maybe CC. But it was probably a matter of pacing the story. It's only 4 episodes in? If they did it earlier, people would whine that there's not enough action. I guess they wanted to start off quickly. Where would you have thrown it in? It had to be after the wolf attack, IMO, because it adds mystery to Morgan's character. Why is he using a javelin pole and not a gun? It could have replaced episode 3, perhaps, but that would have been problematic because episodes 2 and 3 were happening at the same time.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on November 02, 2015, 11:21:30 AM
Maybe CC. But it was probably a matter of pacing the story. It's only 4 episodes in? If they did it earlier, people would whine that there's not enough action. I guess they wanted to start off quickly. Where would you have thrown it in? It had to be after the wolf attack, IMO, because it adds mystery to Morgan's character. Why is he using a javelin pole and not a gun? It could have replaced episode 3, perhaps, but that would have been problematic because episodes 2 and 3 were happening at the same time.

The question of using the pole rather than all of the guns he once had was introduced when Moran first encountered the Wolves - remember the scene where he fights them off in the forest, puts them in a car and leaves them without killing them.  The way they wrote the episodes doesn't allow it to be fit in anywhere particularly well.  That really goes to my point that as a stand alone episode it was great but in the flow of this series it was awkward since it just delayed the telling the of the story the audience was anxious to hear.

lustindarkness

:hmm: TWD delaying the answer of a cliffhanger for another week? Nah, never would happen.  :rolleyes:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

crazy canuck

Well yeah.  That's the point.  They turned what was an excellent episode into mere filler to delay the story line we really wanted to see answered. 

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

crazy canuck

lustindarkness

Oh, BTW, I think the voice at the end asking for the gate to be opened is Rick, kinda hard to tell.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 02, 2015, 12:56:38 PM
Brain, did you hack his account  :mad:

:lol: No, I was sad, poor goat never did any harm to anyone.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Queequeg

Quote from: Tamas on October 29, 2015, 12:50:40 PM
BUT I still disagree with Psellus: people wouldn't throw up their hands and die by the masses during a zombie apocalypse just because they couldn't face the new reality. Some would. Decisive majority would struggle on to survive.
Within a key period, a large part of the population would not be able to deal with the fact that the dead are rising up and eating the living.  And then after that there'd be PTSD to deal with.  IDK what would happen.  Neither would you.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Josephus

I often think how I would survive in that world. Join a group and go on a long walk ,a la TWD, or would I hole up in an apartment with as much food as i can loot hope for the best. I think I'd hole myself up.
Civis Romanus Sum

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on November 02, 2015, 06:10:09 PM
I often think how I would survive in that world. Join a group and go on a long walk ,a la TWD, or would I hole up in an apartment with as much food as i can loot hope for the best. I think I'd hole myself up.

You'll probably change your mind after a few months or years of isolation.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

I think people would try to band with others who are a net asset to survival and try to ditch those who are a net liability.  So much like high school.