Routine Shootings at US Schools and Universities Megathread.

Started by mongers, October 23, 2015, 10:19:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

And now he's calling a boycott on her 12 top advertisers
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

Quote from: HVC on March 29, 2018, 02:32:59 PM
And now he's calling a boycott on her 12 top advertisers

QuoteHogg dismissed Ingraham's apology in an interview Thursday with The New York Times.

"She only apologized after we went after her advertisers," Hogg said. "It kind of speaks for itself. ... I'm not going to stoop to her level and go after her on a personal level. I'm going to go after her advertisers."
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

I'm not sure how he's trying to claim moral high ground while simultaneously attacking her livelihood.  :huh:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 29, 2018, 03:33:06 PM
I'm not sure how he's trying to claim moral high ground while simultaneously attacking her livelihood.  :huh:

It was right there in the post. He's not going to go after her personally, just after the platform she uses to go after him.

dps

So he's going after 3rd parties who are just trying to reach potential customers.

Berkut

Quote from: dps on March 29, 2018, 04:46:58 PM
So he's going after 3rd parties who are just trying to reach potential customers.

Is that a bad thing?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

He's asking them to try to reach potential customers another way.

Berkut

Quote from: Eddie Teach on March 29, 2018, 03:33:06 PM

Her livelihood is propaganda and attacking children.

She isn't a professor somewhere who dared speak out against identity politics (if that was the case, Jake would be telling us its really no big deal, and studies show that most college students are ossum), she is a paid propaganda artist - her livelihood IS her speech.

I have no problem with him going after those who are hoping to make money off advertising to those who follow her. In this case, she deserves it, and in the general case, I consider that fair pool when it comes to political talking heads who make their living off advertising.

0 rows returned

dps

Quote from: Berkut on March 29, 2018, 04:48:17 PM

Is that a bad thing?

I'm not entirely sure, but I have reservations about it.  It seems like a back-door attempt to restrict free speech.  Even if the speech in this case was a classless bit of crap better suited to being said by a 3rd rate stand-up comic than to someone who claims to be a newsperson.

Admiral Yi

Yuge difference in my mind between actually restricting free speech and deciding you no longer want to fanance it.

Berkut

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 29, 2018, 05:05:09 PM
Yuge difference in my mind between actually restricting free speech and deciding you no longer want to fanance it.

Indeed.

She has a platform because advertisers see her as a way to get to an audience.

It is most certainly fair play to let them know that their plan is backfiring.

ADvertisers want to use celelbrity to sell products. She (and others like her) carefully manage and craft their image to make them marketable to advertisers. That is their job.

0 rows returned

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 29, 2018, 05:05:09 PM

Quoted to preserve "fanance."  This is a cromulent word and should not be lost to editing.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Fair game, sure. Hardly taking the "high road". If he's successful, his boycott causes a lot more damage than a bit of name-calling.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?