Strongest hurricane ever recorded in eastern Pacific to hit Mexico

Started by jimmy olsen, October 23, 2015, 04:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on October 23, 2015, 02:45:31 PM
Just how many pics of dames getting slapped have you collected?  :hmm:

Here's one with famous people.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadBurgerMaker

QuoteLooks comfy now.
But that's not gonna last long.

Yeah.  A guy came out and wiped a water droplet off of it earlier.  Not really sure it's a good idea to still be there. 

The waves have definitely picked up.  They were essentially little splashes earlier that were stopping only about halfway-ish to those two logs or whatever there.  Reminded me of the little "waves" you get when there's a reef breaking the big stuff up.

MadBurgerMaker

Another one from a less "protected" beach, it looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_GShxXtLx4

E:  Oh Ixtapa.  This is south of the other one.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Malthus on October 23, 2015, 02:45:31 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 23, 2015, 10:14:35 AM
Quote from: Caliga on October 23, 2015, 10:11:14 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 23, 2015, 10:02:51 AM
And technically cal, I live in the Ohio River basin
That doesn't mean shit.  So are parts of northern Alabama and Georgia :rolleyes:

Enough of your backtalk.

Just how many pics of dames getting slapped have you collected?  :hmm:

On my laptop? Tons.

Bitches get stiches.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Damn that's not such a quiet beach anymore.  The camera got knocked down for a moment, but someone there fixed it and wiped it off (!).  The tree on the right just got trashed and the water jsut came up to almost where the camera is (you could see it when the camera got knocked to the side and down). 

HisMajestyBOB

The first stream seems to be down, but the youtube one is up. The whole beach is going underwater with each wave.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DGuller

DGuller

How close is the second video to where the shit is really going down?  If it's not that close, yikes!

MadBurgerMaker

Ixtapa isn't all that close.  The one that is now down was pretty much directly in the path of the thing.  Ixtapa is probably...200 miles(ish?) away from there.

E:  Closer to 300 according to the googletrons.

HisMajestyBOB

Here's some of the last bit of footage from that webcam that went down: https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CSCN5NiWoAAzpA9.mp4

The worst winds are pretty well concentrated in this storm, so Ixtapa might not be as severely impacted as Manzanillo, which is getting/got clobbered.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

DGuller

When I was in Mexico earlier this year, one thing that struck me is that it seemed like every building was of a concrete masonry construction.  Even the slums seemed to be sturdily built.  It was Yucatan peninsula, so it makes perfect sense.  Hopefully that holds true for the parts of Mexico that are being hit now as well.

DGuller

Quote from: mongers on October 23, 2015, 09:14:12 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 23, 2015, 09:11:33 PM
When I was in Mexico earlier this year, one thing that struck me is that it seemed like every building was of a concrete masonry construction.  Even the slums seemed to be sturdily built.  It was Yucatan peninsula, so it makes perfect sense.  Hopefully that holds true for the parts of Mexico that are being hit now as well.

Some of those might just be tarted up/disguised cinderblock, which would be bad, very bad.  :(
What do you mean by that?  Just cinderblock piled up without mortar?