Strongest hurricane ever recorded in eastern Pacific to hit Mexico

Started by jimmy olsen, October 23, 2015, 04:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Bro, you ain't in the Ohio Valley. :rolleyes:  spiess can claim that.  YOU CANNOT.

Hell, I'm not even in the Ohio Valley.  I work in it, but I live right by the highest point in the Bluegrass.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on October 23, 2015, 09:55:49 AM
Bro, you ain't in the Ohio Valley. :rolleyes:  spiess can claim that.  YOU CANNOT.

Hell, I'm not even in the Ohio Valley.  I work in it, but I live right by the highest point in the Bluegrass.

You don't know where I'm at now.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

And technically cal, I live in the Ohio River basin, which encompasses most of the state. So kiss my rosy red buckeye ass.

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 23, 2015, 10:02:51 AM
And technically cal, I live in the Ohio River basin
That doesn't mean shit.  So are parts of northern Alabama and Georgia :rolleyes:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on October 23, 2015, 10:11:14 AM
That doesn't mean shit.  So are parts of northern Alabama and Georgia :rolleyes:

Enough of your backtalk.

Caliga

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HisMajestyBOB

Watch the video of it forming: https://twitter.com/islivingston/status/657541297796960256?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
Like a movie monster coalescing out of the shadows to wreak havoc.

Less than a day's warning, too. Even Katrina, Wilma, etc. gave more warning than that. Even worse, it's not a location that gets hit often, like Florida or the Yucatan. I have no idea how well prepared that region of Mexico is, but I'm going to hazard "not very." Casualties will depend on how vulnerable the area is to landslides/mudslides (from the rain) and storm surge - NHC says 8-12 inches of rain, with up to 20 inches in areas. Gonna be bad. :(

EDIT: The Post's Capital Weather Gang (who give pretty decent weather reporting and analysis) says the expected path will take it between the two major cities in the region and they might just get heavy winds and rain, but avoid the worst. The storm's cat 5 wind area is pretty small, too, so with luck the damage will be limited.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

MadBurgerMaker

Malthus

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 23, 2015, 10:14:35 AM
Quote from: Caliga on October 23, 2015, 10:11:14 AM

Enough of your backtalk.

Just how many pics of dames getting slapped have you collected?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help