McD's franchisees say the brand in 'deep depression' & 'facing its final days'

Started by jimmy olsen, October 18, 2015, 06:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Quote from: Syt on October 20, 2015, 08:00:41 AM
In Germany, a major Burger King franchisee had problems after an investigative TV report exposed poor hygiene standards in his restaurants. One of the main companies at the time buying ad time for that TV show was McDonalds ...  :hmm:

I thought McDonalds was using all its lobby money on keeping Greenpeace from focusing on the meat industry. :tinfoil:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Somehow we wind up going to McDonalds with some regularity.  It's hard to take little kids places, but they'll be quite happy to go to a McDonalds, get a toy with their happy meal, and play in a big play structure.

Problem is that while I like their breakfasts, the regular menu leaves a lot to be desired.  I finally found something though - a Mediterranean veggie wrap.  Really not bad at all.  There are so many fresh veggies in there though I almost think they sell it at a loss.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Monoriu

There is hope.  The flagship McDonald's near my workplace has just been renovated, and they have introducted "create your burger".  I had lunch there today, and the place was practically swamped.  It was so popular that I had trouble walking in and out of the store  :showoff:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on December 09, 2015, 01:08:51 AM
There is hope.  The flagship McDonald's near my workplace has just been renovated, and they have introducted "create your burger".  I had lunch there today, and the place was practically swamped.  It was so popular that I had trouble walking in and out of the store  :showoff:

Yay for taking longer to get your "fast food"?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on December 09, 2015, 01:28:25 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on December 09, 2015, 01:08:51 AM

Yay for taking longer to get your "fast food"?

Fortunately they had different queues for normal sets, and "create your burger" orders, so it was actually quite fast.  Also, because today is the opening day of the new, renovated store, McDonald's arranged dozens of temporary helpers.  That helped a lot.  Most of them are young, above average looking staff  :secret: