McD's franchisees say the brand in 'deep depression' & 'facing its final days'

Started by jimmy olsen, October 18, 2015, 06:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on October 19, 2015, 02:18:27 AM

We have loads of local chains that serve quick food that's both better quality than McD's and not much more expensive. I'm pretty sure that's the case in the majority of the developed world.

From what I have encountered:

Sweden- Max- Far better than McDonalds. MUCH more expensive.
Switzerland- Holy Cow- Better than McDonalds. Significantly more expensive.
Belgium/France- Quick- Somewhat better than McDonalds. More expensive.

That seems to be the general way in Europe. In Japan too McDonalds is the cheap food place. I'm jealous of America if its the case over there.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

We have lots of places that serve cheap food, and most of them are better than McDonalds.

Syt

We have countless food stands all over town - sausage stands, kebab, noodles etc. Chain-wise we have Schnitzelhaus and Pizza Mann. Maybe Wienerwald or Coffeeshop Company. And loads of small shops and delivery services.

Though these days, McD and BK also have a home delivery option.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

You guys missed my point - sure, when I am in Warsaw, I also never eat at McDonald's. But the point is that when I travel somewhere and need to eat something quickly, I will pick McDonald's over a local chain or mom-and-pop food place, because I have no clue about the quality of any of these places, while McDonald's can be counted on to at least not give me a violent diarrhea.

Eddie Teach

Well, if you're traveling in the first world, the mom & pop places are subject to health inspectors same as the chains.

Josquius

I'd feel a lot more safer with a small one off burger place than I do McDonalds. McDonalds have had way too many food safety scares.
I really shouldn't eat there.
Yet I'm low on choice.
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Quote from: Monoriu on October 18, 2015, 08:15:32 PM
I think there is an easy solution for McDonald's problems.

This photograph was taken at a McDonald's in Taiwan.  She is a model who works part-time as a McDonald's manager.  Ever since these photographs had surfaced, business at that branch has remarkably improved.  She is now nicknamed the goddess of McDonald's in this part of the world.

Is there any problem that the addition of anime-girl look-alikes cannot solve?  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 19, 2015, 03:48:30 AM
Well, if you're traveling in the first world, the mom & pop places are subject to health inspectors same as the chains.

And they can often fail to meet standards. One of the famous pizza joints in NYC was closed for a bit when I lived there because at the most recent health inspector visit, too many roaches and rodents were found in the building.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

garbon

Agreed. I think the main positive for McD's is some degree of consistency - much in the same that Starbucks has consistency across markets. On the other hand, McD's fights against that benefit by its tailoring of its menu to local markets.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

I can't remember the last time I went for a Maccy D's. More than 10 years ago? I had a brilliant gourmet burger in a local pub a couple of weeks ago. Quiz night, fancy burger, chips and a pint for a tenner!

http://www.thecastlefarringdon.co.uk/offers/burgerandabeerdeal

Martinus

I had a horribly overpriced burger last week at the Gatwick airport and it was much worse than what I could get at a McD.

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on October 19, 2015, 10:53:36 AM
I can't remember the last time I went for a Maccy D's. More than 10 years ago? I had a brilliant gourmet burger in a local pub a couple of weeks ago. Quiz night, fancy burger, chips and a pint for a tenner!

My local bar also has some pretty great food but it is not fast food or a competitor with McDonalds.

Anyway lots of fast food choices these days. It is no surprise McDonalds is having issues.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: Brazen on October 19, 2015, 10:53:36 AM

That's ten pounds? Isn't that like, $40 or something?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned