News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Battletech Kickstarter

Started by jimmy olsen, October 13, 2015, 10:57:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Someone with a long love for Battletech posted on it in the miscellaneous thread already.  :sleep:

The downside is that the really cool features are quite a ways down those funding stages.

MadImmortalMan

I sure would love a strategic Battletech game. I know the tactical has always been the lifeblood of the setting, but there's so much potential for awesome there.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 13, 2015, 11:41:38 PM
I sure would love a strategic Battletech game. I know the tactical has always been the lifeblood of the setting, but there's so much potential for awesome there.

I still fondly remember a Languish game of Battletech: Succession Wars, which was the mid-80s strategic board game of the setting.  I remember there was me, Berkut, Tim, Monkeybutt, and I can't remember the fifth...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on October 13, 2015, 11:45:33 PM

I still fondly remember a Languish game of Battletech: Succession Wars, which was the mid-80s strategic board game of the setting.  I remember there was me, Berkut, Tim, Monkeybutt, and I can't remember the fifth...

:mad:

Tonitrus

Agree wholeheartedly.

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 14, 2015, 12:14:27 AM

:console:

Who were you?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 13, 2015, 11:28:49 PM
Someone with a long love for Battletech posted on it in the miscellaneous thread already.  :sleep:

The downside is that the really cool features are quite a ways down those funding stages.
Looks like they're a lock for at least stage three.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Agelastus

Tim bailed on you during the second or third turn as the Capellans, didn't he?  :hmm:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Agelastus on October 14, 2015, 12:27:37 AM

Tim bailed on you during the second or third turn as the Capellans, didn't he?  :hmm:
Something came up and I couldn't continue playing. :(

1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2015, 12:19:29 AM

Who were you?

Just the guy who was managing/tracking the entire game board for you pukes.  :glare:

I think I was also playing Kurita...but that could be my faulty memory, as I was a Kurita fanboy and always played the Kurita/Marik/Liao alliance against my brother.

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on October 14, 2015, 12:30:41 AM

Who were you?

Just the guy who was managing/tracking the entire game board for you pukes.  :glare:

I think I was also playing Kurita...but that could be my faulty memory, as I was a Kurita fanboy and always played the Kurita/Marik/Liao alliance against my brother.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on October 14, 2015, 12:52:29 AM

Who were you?

Berkut

I remember who won...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Agelastus

Who were you?

IIRC you were Davion with Monkeybutt as Marik - BB was the Lyrans and Berkut Kurita; the two of them made an early game secret alliance and stomped all over Marik and Davion.

Tim had a poor first turn or two and quit; he may claim now that "something came up" but I'm fairly sure I can recall him posting that his position was hopeless at the time. Might be wrong though. :hmm:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."