Is any of your relatives a famous/known/notorious person?

Started by Pedrito, October 13, 2015, 02:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedrito

Inspired by the Old/New World relatives thread,

is anyone here related to some known (meaning the person somewhat gained some kind of fame during or after life) person here?

Me, by marriage I've acquired a quite famous (in Italy) TV and newspapers journalist and writer,
and a top-level football player of 20 years ago, one of the first italian players to go playing and then coaching abroad in the late nineties.

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

The Brain

Someone is related to a writer. I think it's Ed and the Gor guy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

My maternal grandfather was a member of the Korean legislature and got a fancy schmancy state funeral.

Barrister

As a kid my father was the sports columnist for the local paper.  This being in the days before the internet it was a big deal at the time, so I'd always get asked if I was related to him.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

My great-great uncle was one of the founders and first president of one of Spain's largest basketball clubs. He wasn't famous himself but the club is (over here).

My brother was a sports anchor for the local telly, so he's sorta known around town.

That's about it.

Liep

Quote from: Pedrito on October 13, 2015, 02:03:51 PM
top-level football player of 20 years ago, one of the first italian players to go playing and then coaching abroad in the late nineties.

L.

Who!?? Ravanelli?

My name here is very inspired by the most notorious man in my family. Not particularly famous but he worked for king Christian IX as keeper of the royal hunting grounds. Very drunken man who later opened a now semi-famous restaurant.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Nobody in my family has ever done anything of note to draw attention from the general public.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malicious Intent

Not by blood, no. My second brother-in-law's brother (my "Schwippschwager") is a somewhat famous singer and songwriter here in Germany.

mongers

None that I know of, but no doubt it'll be a question often asked of my descendants.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Archy

My uncle is a dirigent and componist apparently known in the classical music circles over here. My girlfriends uncle won an etappe in the tour of France 1980 and two etappes in the Vuelta 1973. He cycled as helper of Eddy Merx. Her nephew has been Belgian champion jumping (horse) a couple of years ago.

Razgovory

I had a great uncle who ran with Capone.  They never did find out where he's buried.  Some more recently who are cut from the same cloth.  I'm distantly related to Shelby Foote.  There's a monument to one my ancestors in Connecticut.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Pedrito

Quote from: Liep on October 13, 2015, 02:17:21 PM
Quote from: Pedrito on October 13, 2015, 02:03:51 PM
top-level football player of 20 years ago, one of the first italian players to go playing and then coaching abroad in the late nineties.

L.

Who!?? Ravanelli?
Better: Gianluca Vialli  :P.

I never had the pleasure to meet him, though  :(

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on October 13, 2015, 02:53:28 PM
None that I know of, but no doubt it'll be a question often asked of my descendants.  :bowler:

Didn't know you have kids.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

MadImmortalMan

Jimmy Stewart on one side, Jesse James on the other.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom