Is any of your relatives a famous/known/notorious person?

Started by Pedrito, October 13, 2015, 02:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on October 13, 2015, 03:24:50 PM
I had a great uncle who ran with Capone.  They never did find out where he's buried.  Some more recently who are cut from the same cloth.
:o I think you were completely right about Erdogan. :unsure:

lustindarkness

Famous? No, well known? Depends on your definition of well known.

My grandfather from my mom's side was well known in PR, he was the first rican superintendant of the Methodist Church in PR, he and his church was responsible for the little town/community to exist/grow.

My grandfather from my dad's side was the barber in his town, he was extremely well known in his town.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Valmy on October 13, 2015, 04:22:34 PM
Quote from: Malthus on October 13, 2015, 04:20:18 PM
Yes, an aunt who is a famous writer.

Wait did she write Harry Potter?

All of Malthus' posts, it's her novel for the social media age.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Monoriu

Quote from: Malthus on October 13, 2015, 04:20:18 PM
Yes, an aunt who is a famous writer.

I remember in university I had a lecturer who worshipped your aunt.  It got totally ridiculous as she mentioned her almost every other sentence.   I swore that I would not read any of her books as revenge.  Never imagined that I would talk to one of her relatives in this fashion after all these years :hug:

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on October 13, 2015, 02:17:25 PM
Nobody in my family has ever done anything of note to draw attention from the general public.
Same here.

Savonarola

Followers of my Colombian thread know that I was (briefly) el hijo de Jeff Immelt:alberta: ;)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 13, 2015, 04:01:38 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 13, 2015, 03:24:50 PM
I had a great uncle who ran with Capone.  They never did find out where he's buried.  Some more recently who are cut from the same cloth.
:o I think you were completely right about Erdogan. :unsure:

My cousin is married to a Union boss :)  I have another cousin that is married to Genovese in the banking industry.  That's his actual name as well. You'd think with name that well known you'd change it or something. Some who are blood relatives I don't want to mention do stuff around St. Louis.  Don't worry, I have no talent for that kind of work.  Well, I kinda do, but I makes you feel real bad afterwords.  Anyway, those guys are bores and louts.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PDH

My grandfather had controlling shares and was president (later Chairman of the Board) of William Morrow Publishing.

His great grandfather was Henry Wise, the Virginia governor who hanged John Brown and later became an incompetent Civil War General.

There are some other fun people on this side of my family, but that is enough.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

frunk

DontSayBanana

Yes.  John Morgan, John Quincy Adams, John Adams, and Robert the Bruce are rather well-known, I would say.
Experience bij!

Valmy

Well hell if we are going that far back I descended from Henry VII as well as the Patrick Stewart 'The Bastard of Orkney' the guy who inspired Ramsay Bolton for George RR Martin.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Capetan Mihali

My great-uncle was a mid-level TV producer (mostly for the USA Network, not sure if it's still around) and high-level L.A. sleaze who always had young casting-couch girlfriends.  He was in Rao's in NY once when it got shot up in a mob beef in the early 90s and was mentioned in the Post. :)

EDIT:  Looking him up he is noted for his work on made-for-TV movie Legion of Fire: Killer Ants! (released in Germany as Marabunta) among other things. :lol:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Josquius

Beyond Good, the Bad and the Ugly theme tune guy: No.
██████
██████
██████