If you could have changed your name at age 8-9, what would you have picked?

Started by jimmy olsen, October 10, 2015, 06:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 11, 2015, 02:52:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 11, 2015, 01:00:23 PM
Quote from: Hamilcar on October 11, 2015, 10:46:34 AM

Maybe the lack of a law degree? What do you think?

I think he needs to learn to roll with the punches.  I get told to "take my medication" about twice a week, because I say something that someone disagrees with.

Well to be fair you excuse yourself due to your insanity about twice a week as well.

Uh, no I don't.  When is the last time I did that?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

For those of us that went through catholic confirmation, albeit a bit later (12 -13 years old) and with limited options (names of saints), there is a definitive answer to this.

The discovery of a saint wolfgang made that a popular name to chose in my cohort. I chose a saint with the same name as myself. :)
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on October 11, 2015, 04:03:14 PM
For those of us that went through catholic confirmation, albeit a bit later (12 -13 years old) and with limited options (names of saints), there is a definitive answer to this.

The discovery of a saint wolfgang made that a popular name to chose in my cohort. I chose a saint with the same name as myself. :)

So your middle name is the same as your first name?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

alfred russel

Quote from: Razgovory on October 11, 2015, 04:39:34 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on October 11, 2015, 04:03:14 PM

So your middle name is the same as your first name?

I use the middle name I got when I was born. Which is different than my first name.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Razgovory

So you have two middles names that the same then.  Your name is something like Alfred Anthony (Anthony) Russel?

alfred russel

Quote from: Razgovory on October 11, 2015, 04:43:59 PM
So you have two middles names that the same then.  Your name is something like Alfred Anthony (Anthony) Russel?

My full languish name was supposed to be "Alfred Russel Wallace" but the paradox forum didn't take such long names. But lets say that is my full birth name. At confirmation, I chose the name of Saint Alfred. If that somehow changed my birth name, I'm not aware of it.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 11, 2015, 03:43:55 PM

I think he needs to learn to roll with the punches.  I get told to "take my medication" about twice a week, because I say something that someone disagrees with.

Well to be fair you excuse yourself due to your insanity about twice a week as well.

I do not have a memory for posts like you do but I seem to recall you do that, I presume jokingly, from time to time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 11, 2015, 04:51:04 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 11, 2015, 03:43:55 PM

I do not have a memory for posts like you do but I seem to recall you do that, I presume jokingly, from time to time.

Yeah, but I haven't really done that much in a long time.  And not seriously in really long time.  I think you might be thrown off by my avatar.  And while deal with insanity on a daily basis, it's not really much fun and doesn't really apply here.  These days, mostly I just get sad and sleep all day.

Josquius

God. Were it normal the world would be full of guys with incredibly gay names like Butch.

I've no idea what I would have chose :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

Maybe a little before that age I wanted my name to be Roger, because I was a huge Roger Staubach fan.

Since then I just wish my parents had called me by my first name rather than my middle name.  Has made school, work, and other stuff way more annoying.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Archy

Old Shatterhand or Kara Ben Nelson.  I was fully occupied in reading Karl May's adventure stories than  :unsure:

Caliga

:hmm: I forgot about Steve Canyon.  That's probably would I would have picked, actually.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

lustindarkness

I just asked my 11 year old daughter, she said she would change her name to Unicorns Poop Skittles.  :lmfao:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom