News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sims 3

Started by Phillip V, June 25, 2009, 01:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Anybody try it? I got interested after reading the story of a homeless father and daughter: http://aliceandkev.wordpress.com/2009/06/09/alice-and-kev/

So, I just bought it for $21 from some German seller on eBay who has promised to send me a download code.

Cerr

Yeah that's a good story.
I don't have it yet. Might get it when it's cheaper.

This article is well worth checking out too:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/exploring-the-mysteries-of-the-mind-with-the-sims-3/

Darth Wagtaros

Good God man, that is friggin depressing as all hell.  I want the Sims to be fantasy, like tossing Li'l Jaron into a pool without a ladder.
PDH!

Cerr

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 25, 2009, 02:00:43 PM
Good God man, that is friggin depressing as all hell.  I want the Sims to be fantasy, like tossing Li'l Jaron into a pool without a ladder.
Read the article I linked to, it's more like what you're looking for.

Josquius

I'm relying on my sister buying it then stealing it when she's not looking.
Not too high on my list of things to get.

Cool link.
██████
██████
██████

Alcibiades

Article was fucking great.  Thank you.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Syt

Quote from: Phillip V on June 25, 2009, 01:09:23 PM
So, I just bought it for $21 from some German seller on eBay who has promised to send me a download code.

Call me skeptical, but that sounds like a rip off.

"Yeah ... I send you a code ... sometime .... maybe."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

I have it. Played it for a couple of weeks. It's the best Sims game so far. And I got bored after 2 weeks, like with the other ones. :P

Razgovory

I played the first one but found it disconcerning.  My character became depressed and wouldn't leave the house. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Savonarola

Quote from: Razgovory on June 26, 2009, 06:56:28 AM
I played the first one but found it disconcerning.  My character became depressed and wouldn't leave the house. :(

:lol:

That would make a great premise for a short story.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Savonarola on June 26, 2009, 09:59:51 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 26, 2009, 06:56:28 AM

:lol:

That would make a great premise for a short story.
Its already his life story. 
PDH!

Savonarola

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 26, 2009, 10:04:02 AM

That's what makes it a working premise; a clinically depressed man creates a SIM to live vicariously through; but the SIM ends up with clinical depression.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Phillip V

Quote from: Syt on June 26, 2009, 02:59:44 AM
Call me skeptical, but that sounds like a rip off.

"Yeah ... I send you a code ... sometime .... maybe."
Negative Nancy!  :lol: Download as we speak. :)

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Savonarola on June 26, 2009, 10:07:41 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 26, 2009, 10:04:02 AM

That's what makes it a working premise; a clinically depressed man creates a SIM to live vicariously through; but the SIM ends up with clinical depression.
That's the makings of a classical tragedy alright.
PDH!

Caliga

Princesca bought this yesterday.  I was watching her play and I can say that the graphics and character customization are vastly improved.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points