That Guy Who Price-Gouged AIDS Patients Did It to Kids with Kidney Disease

Started by jimmy olsen, September 24, 2015, 12:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Damn you Obama!  Now the creme of Capitalism is taken down, and free riders be ridin' everywhere. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Will the government seize the Wutang album?
Maybe they can replace the IRS hold music with it.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on December 17, 2015, 05:18:45 PM
Nevermind, the FBI are total squares and didn't even touch the album:
https://twitter.com/NewYorkFBI/status/677597263540191232

Don't worry.  The WuTang Clan and Bill Murray are on the case.

https://twitter.com/eastwes/status/674628837481820160/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

QuoteThe buying party also agrees that, at any time during the stipulated 88 year period, the seller may legally plan and attempt to execute one (1) heist or caper to steal back Once Upon A Time In Shaolin, which, if successful, would return all ownership rights back to the seller. Said heist or caper can only be undertaken by currently active members of the Wu-Tang Clan and/or actor Bill Murray, with no legal repercussions.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

frunk

Quote from: mongers on December 17, 2015, 09:50:05 PM
Coudn't have happened to a nicer chap.

It could have happened to a nicer chap, but I'm glad it didn't.

mongers

Quote from: frunk on December 17, 2015, 09:55:48 PM
Quote from: mongers on December 17, 2015, 09:50:05 PM
Coudn't have happened to a nicer chap.

It could have happened to a nicer chap, but I'm glad it didn't.

Over here the expression is often used in an ironic way.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Monoriu

What's the deal with this Wu Tung clan (the name sounds like a Chinese Taoist stream, also a common name used in Chinese martial arts novels.  Sorta like naming your group after the Rivendell elves).  They produced an album but somehow only printed one copy of it?  :unsure:

katmai

Yes, a hip hop act that got their name from those said Martial Arts films. Very popular when they started back in late 80's/early 90's.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on December 17, 2015, 10:12:31 PM
What's the deal with this Wu Tung clan (the name sounds like a Chinese Taoist stream, also a common name used in Chinese martial arts novels.  Sorta like naming your group after the Rivendell elves).  They produced an album but somehow only printed one copy of it?  :unsure:

They've produced many popular albums. That being so, they were able to auction of their latest to the highest bidder.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

It's a money making/advertising gimmick.

There was some insanity online a little while ago over a supposed bill murray clause. Alas
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/6805582/bill-murray-wu-tang-heist-clause-fake
██████
██████
██████

sbr

I doubt it's a money making gimmick, they could have made a lot more money if they released that album to the public like normal.

Jacob

Quote from: sbr on December 18, 2015, 12:15:40 PM
I doubt it's a money making gimmick, they could have made a lot more money if they released that album to the public like normal.

Yeah, I think it is what they say it was - an art thing.