Lightning strikes Grand Mosque's Binladin group construction crane on 9/11, 87 dead

Started by Martinus, September 13, 2015, 01:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on September 14, 2015, 07:14:03 AM
Man, that's ancient history. Surely we have had threads since then about freak accidents and people dying and not all of them were commented on exclusively in hushed voices and somber tones.

Man, if the shoe was on the other foot you'd be giving us hell for how callus we are to talk about how freaky it is that a bunch a gays died on the anniversary of the Stonewall riot.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DontSayBanana

Could've commented on the coincidence without crossing the line into actively cheering a whole bunch of people dead.  Stay classy, fuckers. <_<
Experience bij!

Martinus

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 14, 2015, 09:46:13 AM
Could've commented on the coincidence without crossing the line into actively cheering a whole bunch of people dead.  Stay classy, fuckers. <_<

Could you point out to any of my posts that could be interpreted as "actively cheering"? Saying that God has a sense of irony is hardly that to me.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 14, 2015, 09:46:13 AM

I posted about it in OTT 2 days ago, I now find my tone rather cold, but not intentionally so at the time I mentioned it:

Quote from: mongers on September 11, 2015, 10:02:25 PM
Odd imagery today, 9/11, a giant crane topples over onto worshipers at the Grand Mosque in Mecca; the main contractor is the Bin Laden construction company.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jaron

I didn't realize that not laughing at the deaths of innocent people made one a wet blanket.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

garbon

Quote from: mongers on September 14, 2015, 02:38:00 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 14, 2015, 02:31:36 PM
Quote from: Jaron on September 14, 2015, 01:02:50 PM
I didn't realize that not laughing at the deaths of innocent people made one a wet blanket.

Freaky.

Stop hitting on Jaron.   

:P

Stop hitting on me. You know that isn't what I like.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: mongers on September 14, 2015, 11:43:24 AM
I posted about it in OTT 2 days ago, I now find my tone rather cold, but not intentionally so at the time I mentioned it:

Odd imagery today, 9/11, a giant crane topples over onto worshipers at the Grand Mosque in Mecca; the main contractor is the Bin Laden construction company.

You're not one of the two that comment was directed at.
Experience bij!

mongers

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 14, 2015, 09:46:17 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 14, 2015, 11:43:24 AM

You're not one of the two that comment was directed at.

I know that, I was just highlighting how late 11B4V and  Marty were to the news. Plus noting my own tone wasn't very sympathetic, which I find somewhat odd.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on September 14, 2015, 02:41:23 AM
Languish used to be more fun and edgy. Now it's mainly depressed lonely misanthropes complaining about stuff.

I try to save my complaints for a more sympathetic audience.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?