Homeopathy conference ends in chaos after delegates take hallucinogenic drug

Started by Hamilcar, September 08, 2015, 03:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamilcar

Martinus

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Hamilcar on September 08, 2015, 03:47:11 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/homeopathy-conference-ends-in-chaos-after-delegates-take-hallucinogenic-drug-10491114.html

Choice quote:
QuoteBroadcaster NDR described the 29 men and women "staggering around, rolling in a meadow, talking gibberish and suffering severe cramps".

Just think how much better it would have been if they hadn't diluted it so much.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

Quote from: Hamilcar on September 08, 2015, 03:47:11 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/homeopathy-conference-ends-in-chaos-after-delegates-take-hallucinogenic-drug-10491114.html

Choice quote:
QuoteBroadcaster NDR described the 29 men and women "staggering around, rolling in a meadow, talking gibberish and suffering severe cramps".

Did they sing the Age of Aquarious song like at the end of the 40 Year Old Virgin?  :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Norgy

I took hallucinogenic drugs once. I rode unicorns into battle against Alexander The Great.

Admiral Yi

I've taken shrooms once and acid once.  Neither time did I experience anything trippy.

Martinus

Quote from: Malthus on September 09, 2015, 09:09:27 AM
I'm guessing they were pranked. A very cruel thing to do, if so.

Oh I assumed that was intentional. I don't understand the hate against these people.

Hamilcar

Quote from: Martinus on September 09, 2015, 01:53:47 PM

Oh I assumed that was intentional. I don't understand the hate against these people.

Homeopathy causes significant harm as people take sugar pills instead of real medicine. Frankly, it should be illegal.

Valmy

Just glad we do not have them over here (for the most part). Our quackery is Chiropractology. But at least that encourages people to have good posture and take vitamins.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

Quote from: Hamilcar on September 09, 2015, 01:55:17 PM

Homeopathy causes significant harm as people take sugar pills instead of real medicine. Frankly, it should be illegal.

That's no different than faith healing and other religious forms of "medicine".

Valmy

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on September 09, 2015, 01:58:48 PM

Just glad we do not have them over here (for the most part). Our quackery is Chiropractology. But at least that encourages people to have good posture and take vitamins.

It's funny how just yesterday you lectured me about my "bigotry" against Christians. At least homeopaths do not want to pass laws restricting other people's freedoms. It's amazing how much of a hypocrite you can be.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on September 09, 2015, 02:04:37 PM
It's funny how just yesterday you lectured me about my "bigotry" against Christians. At least homeopaths do not want to pass laws restricting other people's freedoms. It's amazing how much of a hypocrite you can be.

It is indeed amazing when...wait WTF are you talking about?