German woman, 91, charged in 260,000 Auschwitz deaths

Started by jimmy olsen, September 24, 2015, 01:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on September 28, 2015, 11:08:51 AM
Denazification never got near "stupid proportions".

It would have if they had charged every SS secretary.

QuoteThe Soviets came down much harder and East Germany wasn't an anarchy.

Yeah there is a model to be praised and emulated. Not a vestige of the authoritarian police state left behind.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2015, 11:11:23 AM

I doubt it.  Still, I'm okay with it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

They should have executed most adults in the South for treason after the Civil War, but they decided not to. Politics man.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on September 28, 2015, 12:20:17 PM
They should have executed most adults in the South for treason after the Civil War, but they decided not to. Politics man.

We did not execute anybody. Still has not stopped whiny lost causers from bitching about all the revenge that taken on the South. They were made to allow black people to vote (for awhile...), clearly a fate worse than execution.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Admiral Yi

I believe the commandant of Andersonville was executed. :nerd:

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 28, 2015, 02:07:52 PM

Oh right. Good catch! But it was not for treason, it was for murder.

The Brain

AFAIK no Andersonville radio operators were executed.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2015, 11:11:23 AM

Yeah, but every SS secretary and radio operator didn't serve at a concentration camp.

Eddie Teach

Because it was his fault the blockade worked so well.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 28, 2015, 02:39:17 PM

Well he was convicted of personally shooting innocent men with witnesses. Witnesses who, after the war, were not his friends :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2015, 03:02:11 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 28, 2015, 02:39:17 PM

Well he was convicted of personally shooting innocent men with witnesses. Witnesses who, after the war, were not his friends :P

It was harder to get together with your old SS buddies after the war.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: garbon on September 28, 2015, 10:55:19 AM
So it is an accusation that she was charged? :unsure:

The fact that someone is charged is of no relevance to guilt or innocence.  That's a key difference between the modern German criminal justice system and the Nazi era one.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on September 28, 2015, 02:20:57 PM

Oh right. Good catch! But it was not for treason, it was for murder.

And he was German. What is it with the Germans and war crimes?  :hmm:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

garbon

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 28, 2015, 04:58:05 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 28, 2015, 10:55:19 AM
So it is an accusation that she was charged? :unsure:

The fact that someone is charged is of no relevance to guilt or innocence.  That's a key difference between the modern German criminal justice system and the Nazi era one.

You told me I needed one fact about what had happened a minimum for having a discussion. I think I managed that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.