News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Vote in the Catalan regional election!

Started by celedhring, August 24, 2015, 07:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalonia regional election: who would you vote for?

43 (84.3%)
1 (2%)
2 (3.9%)
1 (2%)
0 (0%)
3 (5.9%)
1 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 29, 2015, 09:51:49 AM
It seems pretty out of the blue unless she has some kind of tie to the region.

Yep.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 29, 2015, 09:51:49 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 29, 2015, 09:46:33 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2015, 09:16:46 AM
Why are they asking Cher anyway? She is Armenian not Catalonian.

Because celebrities should only be asked their opinion if they are from that ethnic or country group?

It seems pretty out of the blue unless she has some kind of tie to the region.

I think that might just say more about your experience with twitter.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on September 29, 2015, 09:57:51 AM

But she actually had an opinion on it which suggests she was following it. So why does it offend you I ask what the source of that interest was?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

celedhring

She has no particular ties to the region that I know of. I guess she actually follows international politics.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2015, 09:58:54 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 29, 2015, 09:57:51 AM

But she actually had an opinion on it which suggests she was following it. So why does it offend you I ask what the source of that interest was?

Cher's source of interest? Your question seemed to be why would someone ask a celebrity with no ties to the region about their opinion. I don't have an issue with you asking that but as I said seems like a lack of understanding how people interact on twitter. People ask celebrities random questions all the time and up to celebrity if they want to respond or not.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Ah ok. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying I was saying that I thought that celebrities shouldn't be commenting on things they are not connected to. I was just curious why they would.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2015, 11:48:52 AM
Ah ok. I misunderstood. I thought you were saying I was saying that I thought that celebrities shouldn't be commenting on things they are not connected to. I was just curious why they would.

I think many celebrities, and in particular Cher, are much more like everyday people on twitter. So if their account isn't professionally managed, they'll comment on things that have no connection to them.

Barrister

Cher has about as much right to comment on Catalonia as any of us, and we're all discussing it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2015, 12:12:29 PM
Cher has about as much right to comment on Catalonia as any of us, and we're all discussing it.

Yes and the sky is blue. So? The only reason I am commenting on this election is because celedhring is my bud and he made this thread where we learned a bit about it. I did not get a random tweet from a guy in eastern Tanzania asking me about a local mayoral race. I mean I have a personal connection to what is going on in Catalonia. If somebody asked me why I care I would have a reason. So I was just curious if she had some kind of connection to the region as she had no obvious one. I did not say I disapproved of her being asked or that she answered just that I was puzzled by it.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2015, 09:16:46 AM
Why are they asking Cher anyway? She is Armenian not Catalonian.

I thought she was just plastic by now

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on September 29, 2015, 12:16:33 PM
Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2015, 12:12:29 PM

Yes and the sky is blue. So? The only reason I am commenting on this election is because celedhring is my bud and he made this thread where we learned a bit about it. I did not get a random tweet from a guy in eastern Tanzania asking me about a local mayoral race. I mean I have a personal connection to what is going on in Catalonia. If somebody asked me why I care I would have a reason. So I was just curious if she had some kind of connection to the region as she had no obvious one. I did not say I disapproved of her being asked or that she answered just that I was puzzled by it.

I have a notion. Tweet her and ask. :D

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on September 29, 2015, 01:30:20 PM
I have a notion. Tweet her and ask. :D

That would involve using Twitter and I swore to stop doing that awhile back :blush:

celedhring

As the main separatist party is besieged by corruption scandals, the separatist bloc is putting forward a motion to sort of declare unilateral independence (the motion says that "they will begin the process to create a Catalan independent state"). It will get passed by the Catalan parliament next week.

The Brain

I didn't know slavery was still that important in Catalonia.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.