News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2009, 08:11:05 AM
In other words, you want to make sure Parliament is used to get YOU a key, rather than using it to remove keys from the spaces that cost England 2 CPs a turn, and have already cost England a 6 CP card so we could keep French troops in France?

Gotcha. I stand by my promises, so you just let me know when Parliament should be played and how.

I'll agree that a Key that I take from France is more valuable than a Key You take from France. But you should have expected this when I demanded the right to control it's play.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

It seems I started early..... Habbaku should probably wait for Austria to finish his turn. I'll be doing the same regardless.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on April 15, 2009, 08:13:53 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2009, 08:11:05 AM
In other words, you want to make sure Parliament is used to get YOU a key, rather than using it to remove keys from the spaces that cost England 2 CPs a turn, and have already cost England a 6 CP card so we could keep French troops in France?

Gotcha. I stand by my promises, so you just let me know when Parliament should be played and how.

I'll agree that a Key that I take from France is more valuable than a Key You take from France. But you should have expected this when I demanded the right to control it's play.

No, a key that has a greater effect than just being a key is more valuable than a key that does not.

And you are right, I probably should have expected that you would not be reasonable about its play.

So, I await your plan that is going to see Parliament accomplish more than taking a key and a duchy that costs a Coalition player 4 CPs in reinforcements per turn. I am sure you have one.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2009, 08:18:15 AM
And you are right, I probably should have expected that you would not be reasonable about its play.

:yes:

Delirium

As has been made apparent, Viking was a bit too eager. Nappy retreats, then I spend my remaining 3 cp. Then it's Viking's turn.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Okay, remaining cp flags Tyrol and builds a cu in Tyrol.

Now it's Russia.  :P
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on April 15, 2009, 08:16:45 AM
It seems I started early..... Habbaku should probably wait for Austria to finish his turn. I'll be doing the same regardless.

I think that means Habs has an evasion/fight choice?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

I will decide that after I see the effects of the Danish present to the Russians.

Quote3 / Stragglers
A moving, intercepting, evading or retreating Formation suffers Attrition in the space it has just entered and in each additional space it enters this Impulse. Once played, the affected Formation may not retract its move.

3 Russian CUs bite the dust from attrition.  They will suffer even more if they move again.

Lannes then successfully evaded to Zurich.

Off to Viking for the remaining 3 CPs...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

QuoteRussia: Russia: Play Strategy card as Event

#33: 3 / General's Health

Message from Russia:
NO! Lannes does NOT get away!!!

He doesn't even command in the battle either. In other News Russia takes 3 casualties. I'm playing no combat cards, so Habbaku can choose to play his own cards and then resolve the battle.

Russia 18 dice (3 for Kutuzov, 13 for CU, 1 for failed withdrawl and 1 for me being Russia)

France 8 dice (0 for Lannes, 0 for terrain, 6 for CU and 2 for being France)

I await Habbaku's cardplay/dicerolling.

Getting BOTH Royal Marriage and Generals Health two turns in a row has me suspecting that the random number generator that shuffles the deck is deficient.

Habbaku

Predictably, the battle turned out unfavorably.  The Russians suffer no damage and Lannes narrowly avoids a rout due to play of Scum of the Earth to cancel all my disrupts and the rout damage.

Lannes and 3 CUs retreat to Zurich.  Russia still has 3 CPs to spend.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Er, sorry.  Lannes retreats by himself to Zurich.  Two of his units are killed, the other 4 go to regroup.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on April 15, 2009, 07:25:13 PM
Predictably, the battle turned out unfavorably.  The Russians suffer no damage and Lannes narrowly avoids a rout due to play of Scum of the Earth to cancel all my disrupts and the rout damage.

Lannes and 3 CUs retreat to Zurich.  Russia still has 3 CPs to spend.

? I saw you roll for my resource, if you cancel the rout I shouldn't be getting that.

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

I played the card after I rolled for your resource.  I doubt I would've used it if you had not gotten the resource.

-J. R. R. Tolkien