News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Sweden played their home card to draw another card.

Denmark is up.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

The Danes play their home card as well.

France plays a 2 CP card (Boarding Action) to have Davout attempt to retake Rome.  The 2 British CUs may attempt to evade or may fight it out.  I have no cards for the battle.

1 CP remaining.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 14, 2009, 06:45:55 PM
The Danes play their home card as well.

France plays a 2 CP card (Boarding Action) to have Davout attempt to retake Rome.  The 2 British CUs may attempt to evade or may fight it out.  I have no cards for the battle.

1 CP remaining.

Evade to Naples.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Last CP will flag Rome.

Off to Britain.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Now would actually be a rather good time to use Parliament to start dealing with Ireland.

Viking?

0 rows returned

Berkut

#17: 4 / The Weather Gauge
  Message from Britain:
3/4: Moore+1 lands at Ulster
4/4: Flag Ulster

Of course, he has no troops to speak of, but at least he is there.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

He may not have troops, but he's just up against Irish.

That roll 3 dice.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 14, 2009, 10:17:25 PM
He may not have troops, but he's just up against Irish.

That roll 3 dice.

:bleeding:

0 rows returned

Delirium

Those pesky Irish with French training!

I play my reserve for 6 cp. Schwarzenberg and six cu move to Salzburg, Napoleon succeeded in intercepting them, pausing to see if Habs wants to or not.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Habbaku

Definitely intercepting that foolishness.  I'm off to bed now, though, so I leave it to you to resolve the fight.

I am not playing any CCs.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Delirium

Luck favours the foolish, I scored 2+2 on my 9 dice, Habs 0+3 on his 15. Nappy loses two and retreats. I flag Salzburg and pause with my remaining 3 cp to see where Nappy goes, although it's probably back to Dalmatia.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on April 14, 2009, 07:10:45 PM
Now would actually be a rather good time to use Parliament to start dealing with Ireland.

Viking?

You want to play Parliament for it's CP to crush the Irish? Is that correctly understood?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on April 15, 2009, 07:43:26 AM

Viking?

You want to play Parliament for it's CP to crush the Irish? Is that correctly understood?

Yes.

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on April 15, 2009, 07:56:32 AM
Quote from: Viking on April 15, 2009, 07:43:26 AM

Viking?

Yes.

You still have 3 cards. I want to use Parliament to remove that last Key from French grasps when the lack of the card would prevent it. I don't want to blow my wad just yet... if Parliament gets Blucher or Kutuzov into Paris that will be a better spend of it than helping you take Dublin.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

In other words, you want to make sure Parliament is used to get YOU a key, rather than using it to remove keys from the spaces that cost England 2 CPs a turn, and have already cost England a 6 CP card so we could keep French troops in France?

Gotcha. I stand by my promises, so you just let me know when Parliament should be played and how.

0 rows returned