And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 09, 2009, 09:24:50 PM
Which takes us back to Spain.

Proving their worth (at a cost of 9 CPs), the Spanish continue to dog Charles' heels and retake the lost French keys.  Charles failed his interception, so Castanos retook both Languedoc and will likely take Toulouse unless I roll four 6's for their attrition at the end of the turn.

Sweden and Denmark are out of cards, so it's back to France--Britain has pre-empt, however, so I will pause for them.  Same as earlier regarding the file; I will make one if Britain doesn't pre-empt.

No preempt.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Soult retakes Picardy and Napoleon takes Dalmatia with a 2 CP card.

Off to Britain.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Britain plays Patriotic Fervour to give Sweden a card, hoping for something cool....but gets a Turkish Foreign War.

Tempting...but I don't think pissing off grumbler right now is such a great idea.

Sweden places 2xCU in Straslund.

Back to France for their last play.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Soult gave Moore a whipping in Brussels and managed to drive the BEF back to the coastline.

Davout, meanwhile, moved up some backup soldiers to join with Napoleon...who then moved to attack John's troops.

Del to decide whether to evade or fight.  I have no cards, so he may roll.

I still have 2 CPs remaining.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on April 09, 2009, 05:08:43 PM
Viking, you only used one naval maneuver point.  Every CP buys you two naval maneuvers.  Do you want to move your Baltic fleet out a bit?  Or change your move somehow?

I don't want to use the rest of the CP. I can't flag anything else, if I move I have to suffer attrition in end of turn and I have to wait for my fleet in building in St Petersburg so I won't save any CP by moving them. Any other move I might make can be made during re-deployment. So I really had a left over CP. I could have marched over to milan, but then I'd have to attrit my entire army.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

OK, so we are waiting on Del to decide if he wants to fight Napoleon - I vote yes. Youa re looking at an 8 to 14 battle, which is about as good as it gets, and you don't want to let Napoleon into your backfield if you can avoid it.

After this, we will be going on to the interphase. So people start thinking about that, and grumbler needs to think about a Camp. France just had a rather nice late turn surge in keys, and I think is back in the lead.

IMO, it is absolutely critical that we get Prussia on our side. It isn't really an option, since with Turkey they will completely hose Russia if they join Habs.

I would suggest that Viking offer Warsaw back. The alternative is losing Warsaw anyway, and probably southern Russia as well to raving Turk hordes.

We also need to start thinking about the Peace roll, although we won't really know where that stands until this finishes up.

0 rows returned

Viking

Has grumbler made any such threats? Keep making such suggestions you'll just put France in the situation where he has to choose between gaining Prussia or Russia as an Ally.

If Prussia wants Warsaw grumbler can discuss it with me.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on April 10, 2009, 11:16:35 AM
Has grumbler made any such threats? Keep making such suggestions you'll just put France in the situation where he has to choose between gaining Prussia or Russia as an Ally.

If Prussia wants Warsaw grumbler can discuss it with me.

Huh?

Are you suggesting that YOU might camp switch because I am trying to talk Prussia into joining our side?

Have it your way - you talk grumbler into joining our side. I don't really care - if you can convince him to do so, then that would be great.

I am simply saying that you stand to lose more than probably anyone (other than Austria, maybe) by Prussia going to the Imperial Camp.

0 rows returned

Viking

If Prussia did join Imp Camp it would be Prussia/Turkey against Russia while France AssRapes Del.

So if Prussia does join then it is a race between me and France to win the Game. Which Habs will probably win. So I'd rather get Prussia to join us... But I'd like to hear what he has to say.

Habbaku

John and Napoleon had some harsh words with one another, resulting in Napoleon being a bit humbled, but at greater cost to the feeble Austrian forces present.  Zagreb holds out another turn.

Soult, meanwhile, retook some territory in the north, further isolating the British forces on the coastline.  The Spanish proved their worth as allies by retaking Toulose near the end of the season, as well.

Current VPs :

France : 3
Britain : 0
Austria : 0
Russia : 3
Prussia : 0

Which, for those keeping count...means Russia is currently winning the game.  Time for the Coalition to determine if they want to feed cards to the peace roll.  Currently, the game is ending on a 4-6--in other words, to guarantee that Russia doesn't win, 3 of us will have to drop a card, 4 of us assuming that Russia drops a card to the peace roll as well.

England is the first to make the decision.  France will definitely commit a card to prevent Russia from winning.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on April 10, 2009, 12:57:24 PM
John and Napoleon had some harsh words with one another, resulting in Napoleon being a bit humbled, but at greater cost to the feeble Austrian forces present.  Zagreb holds out another turn.

Soult, meanwhile, retook some territory in the north, further isolating the British forces on the coastline.  The Spanish proved their worth as allies by retaking Toulose near the end of the season, as well.

Current VPs :

France : 3
Britain : 0
Austria : 0
Russia : 3
Prussia : 0

Which, for those keeping count...means Russia is currently winning the game.  Time for the Coalition to determine if they want to feed cards to the peace roll.  Currently, the game is ending on a 4-6--in other words, to guarantee that Russia doesn't win, 3 of us will have to drop a card, 4 of us assuming that Russia drops a card to the peace roll as well.

England is the first to make the decision.  France will definitely commit a card to prevent Russia from winning.

I thought I was on 2VP (one for warsaw and one for munich)?

Habbaku

You're at 3 VPs--you have a VP for your held resource.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Habbaku on April 10, 2009, 12:57:24 PM

There aren't four of us though.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Prussia, Britain, France, Austria.

I count 4.  How many do you count?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Mind you, Prussia will only have to decide to drop a card if Russia actually ditches one.  I suspect they will, of course, but...

-J. R. R. Tolkien