News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Sweden's up.

Turkey build Mustafa in Constantinople, the Spanish raised the garrison of Barcelona.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Sweden builds 2 CUs in Stockholm.

I may wish to preempt France, but Denmark can go.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Denmark built a CU in Stavenger and tried (and failed) to find the Swedish squadron.

Pre-empt?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

No preempt.

France played Emperor Commands to get a +1 key.

England played a 2 CP card to flag Ardennes and move some fleets around.

Austria is up - and they still need to draw a card.

0 rows returned

Delirium

I played my reserve last turn. Drew a card from PARLIAMENT, now have two.

Played one, one left, moved Charles to Languedoc and flagged Languedoc.

Russia up.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Viking

Russia: Russia: Play Strategy card as Operations

#49: 3 / Russian Winter

Message from Russia:
3/3 Kutuzov's Army Group (Kutuzov, Bagration, Benningsen 16CU) move from Linz to Munich.

Lannes can evade, Napoleon can Intercept.

Same situation as last time. Lannes can evade, Napoleon can intercept.

Though, what Prussia is doing maneuvering towards Warsaw seems slightly disconcerting.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Napoleon's "lucky" dice allowed him to intercept into Munich.  Off to Viking to play any combat cards.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on April 08, 2009, 11:35:38 AM
Napoleon's "lucky" dice allowed him to intercept into Munich.  Off to Viking to play any combat cards.

QuoteRussia: Russia: Play Strategy card as Event

#33: 3 / General's Health

Message from Russia:
Napoleon has bad health. Napoleon's battle rating is voided.

Interception roll for napoleon is now modified by +0 rather than +4

+1 for friendly dutchy, -1 for crossing a pass and +0 for Napoleon. Net +0

Result now 8 rather than 12. Interception fails, Napoleon still in Tyrol.

Napoleon's dice not lucky enough. A nasty case of Gout has left Napoleon still standing in Tyrol, and Lannes unfortunately friendless.

Playing no cards. Habs can play his defensive cards and roll the battle.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Yeah, I think not.  Lannes evades to Wurtemburg.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

AAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

rolling 10 then 8 and then 11 on your evades interceptions....

Will send out a file then...

Habbaku

Yeah, it's like it's mathematically sound or something...   :huh:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Quote from: Viking on April 08, 2009, 12:01:58 PM
AAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

rolling 10 then 8 and then 11 on your evades interceptions....

Will send out a file then...

Relax, he has a +3 to his evasion, to he only needs a 6. You are doing fine - one of these days he will roll poorly and someone will go crunch.

Or he will be forced to pull everyone together and go crunch the Really Grand Amree.

0 rows returned

Viking

I've had General's health ready for a successfull evasion/interception that can fail for a while now. Any combination of dice is equally probable. It's just frustrating to see my plans scuppered...

BTW I want some Austrian backup on my advance through Bavaria.

Berkut

Next turn I think it would be great if the Russian fleet could go kick the shit out of the Danes.

0 rows returned

Viking

Quote from: Berkut on April 08, 2009, 01:09:24 PM
Next turn I think it would be great if the Russian fleet could go kick the shit out of the Danes.

Not only do I have to beat Napoleon on my own, I now have to defend warsaw from trecherous prussians AND sink the danish navy? WTF, isn't anybody gonna help me beat Napoleon?  :cry: