News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish Napoleonic Wars Thread

Started by Berkut, March 16, 2009, 01:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Prussia passes...

and had I known that moving one CU one space to fill a hole in my line (because I had a CP I could't otherwise use) would cause such anguish, I would have done it long ago!  :D
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

The Ottomans built some units in their capital.  They're starting to look impressive...

Spain, meanwhile, maneuvered to retake Marseilles for the French.  Charles failed his interception.

Up to Britain to pre-empt or not.  I will make a file if they do not pre-empt.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Napoleon leaves the eagle's nest and heads off towards Venice, easily capturing the city after the buffoon that is Marshal John fails to intercept.

And then follows it up with an attack on said John.  Del may evade or fight it out.  Current dice are 11 vs. 6 in France's favor before any cards are played.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Spain reclaimed Marseilles from the perfidious Austrians, effectively isolating Charles inside of France where he can, hopefully, we dealt with.

Napoleon recaptured Venice for the Empire and chased John and his troops off from the interior.

Back at Paris, the garrison under Soult pulled a counter-march and advanced upon Moore, effectively isolating him in Belgium.

Britain's up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Revised VPs :

France : 3
Britain : 2
Russia : 2
Austria : -2
Prussia : 0

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

I decline Tilsit. Regrouping 16 CU and three leaders would cost me ALL my CP from the next round.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Berkut

Britain plays a 2 CP card to build a CU with Moore in Brussels. File sent, Austria is up.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Delirium

Quote from: Habbaku on April 09, 2009, 01:16:17 AM
effectively isolating Charles inside of France where he can, hopefully, we dealt with.

Charles converts Tolouse, Limoges and Orleans and sits his ass in Limoges awaiting the dealing.
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Viking

Russia flags Munich and moves fleet to Black Sea.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Habbaku

Off to grumbler, then.  Grumbler, you can likely get away with passing again this round, but if you pass next round there is a high likelihood that you will simply be unable to play your reserve at all this turn.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Viking, you only used one naval maneuver point.  Every CP buys you two naval maneuvers.  Do you want to move your Baltic fleet out a bit?  Or change your move somehow?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

grumbler

I will give Viking a bit of time to respond so I can add his move to my turn.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Took my move.  Someone else can catch the Russians up if they need to.

With Prussia, played my reserve and moved Turkey to ally.

With Turkey, built a fleet.

Bayraktar!

Habbaku

Which takes us back to Spain.

Proving their worth (at a cost of 9 CPs), the Spanish continue to dog Charles' heels and retake the lost French keys.  Charles failed his interception, so Castanos retook both Languedoc and will likely take Toulouse unless I roll four 6's for their attrition at the end of the turn.

Sweden and Denmark are out of cards, so it's back to France--Britain has pre-empt, however, so I will pause for them.  Same as earlier regarding the file; I will make one if Britain doesn't pre-empt.

-J. R. R. Tolkien