News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Beyond Eyes (Now with Cursed Sight)

Started by Lettow77, August 13, 2015, 04:47:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

As a devotee of blindness, cats and cuteness, I felt a strong fit for this game, and wanted to let Languish know more about it.

In Beyond Eyes, you play as Rae, a cute ten year old blind girl with wonderful hair, wearing a nice one-piece dress with a ribbon on it.

As a proper maiden, you have always been sequestered in your tranquil garden. It is a life of splendid isolation and contentment- the protagonist gives every sign of being happy through the turning of the seasons, particularly treasuring the company of her sometimes-visitor, the stray cat Nani.

One day, Nani doesn't come back- and this gives you (the cute little blind girl) the courage to leave your cloister to fetch kitty back.

The gameplay is confined to walking very slowly (as a blind girl might) and trying to understand your surroundings, and very seldomly interacting with them. The pace is enforcedly yukkuri, and it is quite lovely. The game is best played with tea.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Martinus

How the hell could one be a "devotee of blindness"?

Maximus

I'd say blinding yourself shows considerable devotion.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Berkut

I honestly do not know what to make of this...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Berkut on August 13, 2015, 02:01:12 PM

Criticize lack of multiplayer?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

11B4V

No Panzers?? I'm good.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: 11B4V on August 14, 2015, 05:22:38 PM
No Panzers?? I'm good.

They really ought to make a tank battle game where you can play as either a blind girl or a kitten.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Norgy

World of Blind Kittens.

Drakken

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 14, 2015, 02:49:24 PM
Quote from: Berkut on August 13, 2015, 02:01:12 PM

Criticize lack of multiplayer?

Map would suck, if it could be seen.

Josquius

I do wonder what the missus thinks of your eccentricities.
██████
██████
██████

Drakken

Quote from: Tyr on August 15, 2015, 12:43:17 PM
I do wonder what the missus thinks of your eccentricities.

Probably goes along like this: "Meow."

Syt

Jim Sterling made a video on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM4-RZoSsks

It sure looks pretty. And I guess that the gameplay is a good representation of how blind persons perceive the world - immediate surroundings, noticing obstacles only when right next to them, hearing something in the distance, hearing something, thinking it's A, but in reality it's B, etc.

I like games like this that use the interactive medium in new ways.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.