Hundreds hospitalized after massive explosion in Chinese city of Tianjin

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, August 12, 2015, 02:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Monoriu

Possible disturbing images of injuries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSsy6_w7LBs

Summary video showing the explosion from multiple different angles, as well as the damage to some of the nearby residences. 

Monoriu

Somebody used a drone to videotape the aftermath. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwDyJhydrFc

Monoriu

They have basically stopped sending firefighters in, as it is highly unlikely that there are survivors, the risk to the firefighters is too high, and they have already lost far too many men.  Official figures are that at least 11 firefighters have died from secondary explosions, and like 8 fire trucks need to be written off.  They'll just let the fire burn out by itself. 

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on August 13, 2015, 02:20:22 AM
Possible disturbing images of injuries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSsy6_w7LBs

Summary video showing the explosion from multiple different angles, as well as the damage to some of the nearby residences.
Holy Shit
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

That can't just be equivalent to 21 tons of tnt can it? Not if windows were broken and people were knocked over 2km away.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

A bit surprised that Chinese firefighters are considered soldiers.

Razgovory

Jesus Christ, that's horrendous :(  It's like a small nuke going off.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: PRC on August 12, 2015, 11:08:57 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 12, 2015, 10:05:22 PM
On the other hand, Shanghai is a richer, larger, all-around better city than Tianjin. I'd say Tianjin is China's Boston: a large port and decently wealthy city, but not as big as they think they are.

What is America's Shanghai?

New York. Large, cosmopolitan financial center.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Monoriu on August 13, 2015, 03:44:12 AM
photos

Thanks for the pics. That really sucks. :(
Definitely fortunate that it happened so late, and not during the middle of the workday.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Admiral Yi

CNN showed the video of the dude walking to the glass doors to check out what was happening when the wall blew in on him.  Looked like a well done movie scene.

Monoriu

I don't know, looking at these videos of explosions and injuries, I get a sudden urge to buy shares in Dow Chemical and/or Dupont.  I think they are important.