Do you put / are you open to putting Election Candidate Signs on your Lawn?

Started by PRC, August 10, 2015, 05:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you put / are you open to putting Election Candidate / Party Signs on your Lawn?

YES, I would proudly show my support of the candidate & party by putting their signs on my lawn.
6 (17.6%)
NO, I value my windows not being broken and I hide my political affliation from my neighbours.
28 (82.4%)
I'd vote for Jaron / I live in a condo or my parents basement.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

derspiess

Oh and I proudly promote my favored candidate(s) for Ohio Supreme Court, since it's awesome that we have the right to elect those folks.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2015, 10:19:35 AM
Oh and I proudly promote my favored candidate(s) for Ohio Supreme Court, since it's awesome that we have the right to elect those folks.

Oh is that unusual?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on August 11, 2015, 10:22:51 AM

Oh is that unusual?

Dunno but it sure set off some Languishites when I mentioned it a while ago.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on August 11, 2015, 10:31:06 AM
Quote from: Valmy on August 11, 2015, 10:22:51 AM

Oh is that unusual?

Dunno but it sure set off some Languishites when I mentioned it a while ago.

Because electing judges is a fucking stupid idea. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

Martinus

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on August 11, 2015, 10:40:18 AM
I agree with Beeb. Elected judges are an abomination.

It is ok. Nobody gets too excited about what the state supreme courts say anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on August 11, 2015, 10:41:08 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 11, 2015, 10:40:18 AM
I agree with Beeb. Elected judges are an abomination.

It is ok. Nobody gets too excited about what the state supreme courts say anyway.

Until you have to go before the court yourself.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on August 11, 2015, 10:45:07 AM
Until you have to go before the court yourself.

If you end up in front of the Texas Supreme Court you know what you are getting: ring wing nutters. So your attorney should prepare accordingly.

Caliga

I agree that we should not be permitted to elect judges.  The masses are asses.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 11, 2015, 08:59:23 AM
Only signs on the front of the house is Vivint Security, oh and sometimes there may be a lawncare service sign for a few days.

Those aggressive motherfuckers have been in my neighborhood lately trying to con and badger people into signing up for "upgrades". <_<

As for election signs, I would probably only put one up if I knew the candidate personally.  So far, this has only happened once.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Barrister on August 11, 2015, 10:32:55 AM
Because electing judges is a fucking stupid idea. <_<

Even though a friend of ours just got elected to the bench, I agree.  Same with DAs, sherrifs, and other legal and law enforcement positions.  It creates way too many perverse incentives.

Zanza

People don't put political signs similar to those found in the US into their gardens here. 

derspiess