Do you put / are you open to putting Election Candidate Signs on your Lawn?

Started by PRC, August 10, 2015, 05:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you put / are you open to putting Election Candidate / Party Signs on your Lawn?

YES, I would proudly show my support of the candidate & party by putting their signs on my lawn.
6 (17.6%)
NO, I value my windows not being broken and I hide my political affliation from my neighbours.
28 (82.4%)
I'd vote for Jaron / I live in a condo or my parents basement.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 34

PRC

Not sure if election signs is a thing in Europe but as we're in election mode in both Canada and the US thought i'd ask. 

I imagine Barrister Boy already has his giant Conservative Party of Canada billboard up in his front yard... what about everyone else?

MadImmortalMan

I did once. But it was my mother's yard and I was just turning old enough to vote. I never have since then.

Voting no for the purposes of this poll.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

MadBurgerMaker

Valmy

I wouldn't say no...I would say HELL no.

Anyway in my house it would have to be a sign for some communist commissar for my wife to go along with it anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

This is one of the cultural shocks we had in Canada.  In HK, most people live in housing estates, and the management companies generally ban the display of candidate signs in any public areas.  I've worked in the election areas, and there are rules that if someone displays the sign of one candidate, he has to display the signs of all candidates.  Failure to do so isn't an offence, but trouble will follow.  Tons of trouble in the form of phone calls from the election authorities and other candidates. 

Of course I don't have a lawn.  If I do, no, I won't. 

Tonitrus

Back when I lived at home, as a mindless 16-year old, unable-to-vote, dumbass kid, I put a Ross Perot sign my parent's yard.  :P

Probably will never happen again in my lifetime.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 10, 2015, 08:28:36 PM
Back when I lived at home, as a mindless 16-year old, unable-to-vote, dumbass kid, I put a Ross Perot sign my parent's yard.  :P

Probably will never happen again in my lifetime.

A Ross Perot sign?  That's just good sense. :wub:

I remember in 1988, during the epic Free Trade election, my parents wouldn't let me put a sign on the lawn - but I did put a sign up in my bedroom window.

Since then I have not only had many signs on my lawn, but put up many signs on other people's lawns.

So yes, you know what I'm going to do... :shifty:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadImmortalMan

My mom let me because I got her a lunch with the congressman.  :P

Whose name shall live in infamy. At least among accountants.

But it was the senator I was actually working for that year. College was a waste of time in every way. I wish I could go back to 1995 and start a landscaping business.  :lol:
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

There a street name post on my front yard. It will have a Candidate sign on it at some point.

I will take it down if it's the Liberals.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Rex Francorum

I have no lawn.  :D
Considering I will just cancel my vote, I have no incentive to put a card in my window,
To rent

Drakken

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 10, 2015, 09:59:41 PM
There a street name post on my front yard. It will have a Candidate sign on it at some point.

I will take it down if it's the Liberals.

Which is, of course, totally illegal. :rolleyes: