Frreeeeeedoooooom in the US: State by state

Started by The Larch, June 24, 2009, 08:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Quote from: alfred russel on June 24, 2009, 08:36:34 AM
Lincoln ended slavery and they voted him the worst?  :huh:

He caused the Civil War.   :mad:

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Valmy

He stomped all over rights to property :angry:

Big government coming in and telling me who I can and cannot own.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on June 24, 2009, 08:38:48 AM

I believe his first inaugural address was: 'Fuck you South :nelson '
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Savonarola

That's some quality entertainment, Raz, thanks for the article.   :)
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Razgovory

Slavery was a form of trade.  Besides lots of Libertarians are southern sympathizers.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on June 24, 2009, 08:27:23 AM
QuoteOpposed Henry Clay's American System

Ok what sort of insane freak would actually find opposition to the American System a positive?
Free traders.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Scipio

Well, let me say this:  anybody who ranks Mississippi tops in corruption is an idiot.

We've got nothing on Louisiana.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on June 24, 2009, 08:47:39 AM
Free traders.

It was the only way to properly get infrastructure off the ground.  Either that or find something else to tax.

Neil

At any rate, these people are the sort of fetishists who worship the original US constitution and Bill of Rights, and think that the US founding fathers were good and clever men, rather than wretched traitors.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on June 24, 2009, 08:49:27 AM
Quote from: Neil on June 24, 2009, 08:47:39 AM
Free traders.

It was the only way to properly get infrastructure off the ground.  Either that or find something else to tax.
Why would they care about that?

Valmy

Quote from: Neil on June 24, 2009, 08:53:16 AM
At any rate, these people are the sort of fetishists who worship the original US constitution and Bill of Rights, and think that the US founding fathers were good and clever men, rather than wretched traitors.

Unless said founding father was a federalist.

Caliga

Quote from: Scipio on June 24, 2009, 08:49:20 AM
Well, let me say this:  anybody who ranks Mississippi tops in corruption is an idiot.

We've got nothing on Louisiana.
I wish I had time to google for that article... it mentioned Louisiana being formerly the worst IIRC, but said it's been cleaning up its act drastically over the past decade.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Strix

Quote from: Valmy on June 24, 2009, 08:13:17 AM
This list leads me to demand regime change in New York.

They are way ahead of you. Now if they can only find out who is in charge of the State Senate.  :lmfao:
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on June 24, 2009, 08:40:09 AM

That must have been liberating.

LBJ got negative marks for the Civil Rights Act.  :lol:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on June 24, 2009, 09:44:47 AM
Quote from: Valmy on June 24, 2009, 08:40:09 AM

That must have been liberating.

LBJ got negative marks for the Civil Rights Act.  :lol:
Are you mocking Fahdiz's idol Goldwater!!!!?:mad:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point