News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

I wish there was a easy way to share races - that would be fun.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Josquius

Playing at fastest speed. One day takes several minutes :bleeding:
██████
██████
██████

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I've a 3.1ghz dual core. It should be fine.  Not excellent, but fine.
Though I'm really not getting where processor upgrades are coming these days.  The clock speed doesn't seem to be going up.

More game wise.... the calculations for fleet strength are really bad.
Got into a war with a species that seemed to have crazy powerful fleets. I was doomed!
Except.... their battleships were worth 1000 each. A few corvettes making up a 500 strength fleet could take one down easily.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

I finished my game with a Domination victory just to see how it ends. I didn't get any of the late game crisis events, probably because I was not advanced enough in technology. The game lagged pretty badly at the end. It worked fine until I got maybe 80 planets or so and the corresponding massive fleets and pop numbers.

Conquering this much gets really tedious:

I have like 25 different species in my empire:

Everybody really hates me:

Far larger than anybody else. I suck in technology though. :huh: Does technology scale with empire-size similar to how it worked in EU back in the day?

celedhring

Technology costs scale by every pop you have, and most importantly, for every planet you colonize (equivalent to 10 pops IIRC). So ultimately big planets are much better than colonizing small-ish ones (more space to put research buildings).

Zanza

So if you want to play for technology, you have to go for a tall empire, instead of wide? There is no corresponding victory condition though, so I guess you can just role-play then. Or just vassalize everybody else.

Berkut

Anyone else have their game start not recognizing the rightclick context command menu?

When I have a construction ship selected for example, you can normally right click on a target (star or object) then choose an option. That doesn't seem to work anymore.

0 rows returned

Berkut

I've also never gotten an achievement for anything...not sure what the deal is there...

0 rows returned

The Brain

Quote from: Berkut on June 04, 2016, 11:31:11 AM
I've also never gotten an achievement for anything...not sure what the deal is there...

:console:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

0 rows returned

Martinus

So started a new game as the Phoenix Empire, based on the Fading Suns setting. Picked the star lane FTL engine (technically the empire's ships used star gates but they were left overs from an ancient civilization and could not build it themselves so I think it is more appropriate than wormholes), spiritual, militaristic and collectivist for ethics. Allows for a slightly more reasonable gameplay than the Empire of Man which is too aggressive/xenophobic. :P

celedhring

Quote from: Zanza on June 04, 2016, 11:28:05 AM
So if you want to play for technology, you have to go for a tall empire, instead of wide? There is no corresponding victory condition though, so I guess you can just role-play then. Or just vassalize everybody else.

I hope they add new victory conditions soon (I think they said so, but I'm not sure), since the two existent ones are just militaristic.

I too wondered about roleplaying a science-based empire, but wasn't sure what kind of end-goal give myself.

The Brain

Quote from: Martinus on June 04, 2016, 01:00:17 PM
So started a new game as the Phoenix Empire, based on the Fading Suns setting. Picked the star lane FTL engine (technically the empire's ships used star gates but they were left overs from an ancient civilization and could not build it themselves so I think it is more appropriate than wormholes), spiritual, militaristic and collectivist for ethics. Allows for a slightly more reasonable gameplay than the Empire of Man which is too aggressive/xenophobic. :P

:thumbsup: I like Fading Suns. A remake of the computer game would be nice (when I played it years ago I had a blast until my save game was corrupted). The PnP RPG is nice too, but I've never played it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.