News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Once you research the sheild capacitor  tech corvettes become less off an issue as the big ships can absorb the small hits.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

I also found using double the lower level ships for my fleets works well. So 6 battle ships (1 speced for repair and on for snare) 12 cruisers, 24 destroyers and 48 corvettes for each of my mid game fleets.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on June 01, 2016, 05:24:59 AM
Played late into the night yesterday.
Did some configuration to improve performance.

* I think I made a mistake chosing super xenophile for my space gerbils. Now I can't do anything interesting with native worlds. I want to give them full citizenship but can only make them vassals.
* one annoying point.... I conquered an enemy. They live in a different planet type to me.... but I can't colonise that planet type with them. You'd think that tech would come with any advanced race of the type.  Surely they had colony ship plans on their world?
* why are desert and arid so incompatible anyway? Surely they should be each others 80%.... but no.

You can integerate vassals and make them full citizens.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Darth Wagtaros

After the patch I found the game loads a lot slower, adn the autosaves take 2x or 3x as long.

Nothing's crashed yett though, so win.
PDH!

jimmy olsen

Sectors are building a fuckton more station improvements and ships (construction and colony). Two of my allies started integrating their vassals.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grey Fox

I have entered the infinite resources part of the game. All my sectors have max energy(5k) and I'm at 5000+250.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Berkut

Played the Society of Man pre-built race because I was intrigued by the broken quest to find the other colony ship.

Either it was fixed, or the circumstances were such that my path through the quest worked this time, but the outcome was kind of cool, but much shorter than I thought.

Game seems a lot more stable though, and the sector AI seems to work a lot better, I didn't feel like I needed to babysit new colonies quite as much.

Still a lot of room for incredible content though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Tamas

yeah I think the game will be able to accomplish the "early game as 4X, mid-game onwards as grand strategy" concept but the mid-game is really lacking events and more fleshed out empire management stuff to make that happen.

To be fair, they have admitted as much.

Tonitrus

Yeah, I was going to complain about a good lack of just random, "flavor of life(?)" events, outside of the exploration anomalies...but then got a pretty cool "giant asteroid headed for a planet" event, and had to scramble the fleet to intercept.

celedhring

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 02, 2016, 10:16:01 AM
Yeah, I was going to complain about a good lack of just random, "flavor of life(?)" events, outside of the exploration anomalies...but then got a pretty cool "giant asteroid headed for a planet" event, and had to scramble the fleet to intercept.

I love when these fun events happen. Yeah, I wish there was more of them.

Just started my first prospective long save. I randomized my empire (love doing that, btw) and got dealt militarist xenophobe materialist bugs ( :lol: ). My starting position is truly sucky; I got space lane hyperspace and the only exit from my starting area is blocked by a larger empire... Just started an aggressive fleet buildup program to try to oust them from that corridor.... otherwise it will be a rather short save  :lol:

Zanza

I wonder if anomalies can only happen early on. In my game, I am still surveying systems, probably including some that no one has surveyed before, but I haven't found an anomaly in ages. I could also never finish the six part precursor quest. :(

celedhring

Quote from: Zanza on June 02, 2016, 11:39:07 AM
I wonder if anomalies can only happen early on. In my game, I am still surveying systems, probably including some that no one has surveyed before, but I haven't found an anomaly in ages. I could also never finish the six part precursor quest. :(

There was/is a bug that if you trade maps, those systems won't be able to spawn quest anomalies.

KRonn

I'm having fun with this game, enjoying it, and I've only scratched the surface.  :)

Solmyr

Quote from: Zanza on June 02, 2016, 11:39:07 AM

I've found anomalies surveying systems that are in the territory of other empires, pretty late in the game. I think they can spawn for you as long as you have not surveyed a system yet.

Josquius

Despite trying every trick in the book I'm still having performance issues. Time to get a new processor? :unsure:

Does anyone else ever have the problem of shift getting stuck?
Its not my computer, doesn't happen outside stellars, though happens often in the game and its a pain.

Relevant to the game- if I give you migration access then that means your pops can come to my world right?

I'm having major cash flow problems. Hard to turn a credit profit!

Is there any way to keep track of pop movements ala victoria?
██████
██████
██████