News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Maybe it's just me...but I decided to forego xenomorph armies for my pacificst empire...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 31, 2016, 01:49:48 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2016, 10:22:37 PM
Bah I think I screwed up.  Playing as the default United Nations of Earth, who are xenophile fanatic individualists.

I'm doing pretty well at the start, but I feel hemmed in by an early rival.  So I conquer him.  Do so pretty easily.  I incorporate these worlds into mine.

But I'm a democracy - and now I have a bunch of unhappy pops who keep clamouring for independence.

Any way to make these pops happy and satisfied within my empire?

Giving them their own sector should work. Autonomy should cut the unhappiness down. At least that's how it was explained on the Blorg Stream. Haven't had to deal with it yet. Been using gateways to spread all over the map without war. The only wars I've waged are on behalf of my allies.

Giving the conquered pops their own sector seems to have worked. :thumbsup:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Played late into the night yesterday.
Did some configuration to improve performance.

* I think I made a mistake chosing super xenophile for my space gerbils. Now I can't do anything interesting with native worlds. I want to give them full citizenship but can only make them vassals.
* one annoying point.... I conquered an enemy. They live in a different planet type to me.... but I can't colonise that planet type with them. You'd think that tech would come with any advanced race of the type.  Surely they had colony ship plans on their world?
* why are desert and arid so incompatible anyway? Surely they should be each others 80%.... but no.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

The Tech will show up now, research it.

Quote from: Barrister on May 31, 2016, 11:37:30 PM

I gave a sector to 2 new conquered species. One appreciates, the other not really. :(
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 01, 2016, 08:04:28 AM

I gave a sector to 2 new conquered species. One appreciates, the other not really. :(
Pronounce the sentence of Exterminatus upon the Xeno scum.
PDH!

Legbiter

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on June 01, 2016, 10:20:49 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 01, 2016, 08:04:28 AM

Pronounce the sentence of Exterminatus upon the Xeno scum.

Do so in fealty to the God Emperor (our undying Lord) and the grace of the Golden Throne.  :sleep:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Brain

Quote from: Zanza on May 30, 2016, 04:58:43 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 30, 2016, 03:26:22 PM
There is no endgame yet, right? At least I didn't find it.
There are supposedly three different types of crisis you can trigger in the game (some kind of bug invasion, some kind of extra-dimensional invasion and AI becoming uppity). Furthermore you can fight the Fallen Empires eventually.

There was a bug invasion that stalled, and I whipped one Fallen Empire. I feel like I could start conquering my way around the galaxy but the drudgery... I would like for there to be something that could drive the endgame, that could trigger a final showdown that decides a winner.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Berkut

When is this patch coming out?

I hate the time between when patches are announced and released. I have some tolerance for playing the beta, but that wears out pretty quickly, and I simply don't want to play anymore until the patch is actually released.

But I do want to play!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Rejoice Berkut, the patch is release Today!

Darth Wagtaros

Yays. I was about to quit playing until it came out, for the same reasons as Berky.  It out now? Anyone test it to make sure it won't fuck shit up?
PDH!

celedhring

Yays, time for my first proper save then.

Grey Fox

I've used the beta all week, it worked fine for me.

In my playthrough, I wiped the scourge's 67k fleet with 2 45k fleets with losing only 25 corvettes. My counters were perfect.

Barrister

So with the new patch is there a reason to build anything other than corvettes?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

They are more vulnerable now since they nerfed evade bonuses. Dunno whether that's "enough".

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on June 01, 2016, 12:08:05 PM
So with the new patch is there a reason to build anything other than corvettes?

"Fun" is a reason.