News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

My incessant warmongering is slowly but steadily allowing me to expand against the AI empires. In the new beta patch, you can demand more than three planets at a time (depending on their value, up to 6 or so). I am even role-playing as I have a warlike head of government right now (and for the next thirty years).

Micro-management of a large empire becomes rather tedious, especially building large fleets or armies without a rally point mechanism and having to enter the planets manually. Managing war is also not as comfortable as it should be. Why do I have to constantly monitor bombing progress? The invasion should just start once I reach a threshold of 25% or whatever.

I've started to invest into all those primitives to uplift them to the space-age. I guess that's the xenophile side of my warmongering empire.

I have not had a chance to research sentinent AI or jump drives yet, so I guess I can't trigger the endgame crisis yet. I will continue to conquer all the puny AI empires and then attack the two Fallen Empires that I border north and south.

Barrister

Bah I think I screwed up.  Playing as the default United Nations of Earth, who are xenophile fanatic individualists.

I'm doing pretty well at the start, but I feel hemmed in by an early rival.  So I conquer him.  Do so pretty easily.  I incorporate these worlds into mine.

But I'm a democracy - and now I have a bunch of unhappy pops who keep clamouring for independence.

Any way to make these pops happy and satisfied within my empire?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on May 30, 2016, 10:22:37 PM
Bah I think I screwed up.  Playing as the default United Nations of Earth, who are xenophile fanatic individualists.

I'm doing pretty well at the start, but I feel hemmed in by an early rival.  So I conquer him.  Do so pretty easily.  I incorporate these worlds into mine.

But I'm a democracy - and now I have a bunch of unhappy pops who keep clamouring for independence.

On a related gripe (I am playing the UNE too)...I raised/integrated a minor race, and they immediately start with the yuge 25% "recently conquered" modifier.  :rolleyes:

Then, in more game wonkiness, during the very next presidential election, the Roich (their name) Freedom Army faction leader is elected president (these aliens have about 7 pops out of my 100+) with his Separatist Mandate.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am feeling: the Bern.  :(

Josquius

Wow.
So I started another new game after one, stupidly started in ironman was lost to corruption, and another gave me no beginning of game events. ...dull.
In this game there are a tonne of space aliens about. Discovered a black hole..... with 2000 worth of void clouds living on it. Interesting.
Still. The article I read on randomised boringness holds. Still no fallen empires

It be not a huge deal but.... achievements don't work?
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Giving them their own sector should work. Autonomy should cut the unhappiness down. At least that's how it was explained on the Blorg Stream. Haven't had to deal with it yet. Been using gateways to spread all over the map without war. The only wars I've waged are on behalf of my allies.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Jaron

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 31, 2016, 01:49:48 AM

Giving them their own sector should work. Autonomy should cut the unhappiness down. At least that's how it was explained on the Blorg Stream. Haven't had to deal with it yet. Been using gateways to spread all over the map without war. The only wars I've waged are on behalf of my allies.

Look at those George W Bush politics by BB and Tim.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tyr on May 31, 2016, 01:48:54 AM
It be not a huge deal but.... achievements don't work?

Ironman only
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Manage the faction to keep it's attractiveness down. Use Influence to pick the leader.

celedhring

I'm playing Ironman and I'm not getting achievements, I guess some of the cosmetic mods I'm using are interfering with that.

Darth Wagtaros

Had a game going. Was in the slump towards the mid game where nothing is happening and hte Swarm showed up.  First time I got far enough to see that.  Didn't last long against them. THat was some crazy shit yo.
PDH!

Grey Fox

In my game, they showed up far from my empire, with 3 empires in the way, for me to do something about it. The 3 empires circling where the scourge showed up invited me to their Alliance(then Federation) but I still couldn't do anything about it because the 3 Empires in the way remained assholes & wouldn't trade access for anything. So when my turn as president came, I declared war on all of them making a path to my Federation mates & where the scourge is.

I know the scourge has 64k, 39k, and a couple of 11k fleets. My total fleet power is around 85k. I'm thinking I need to lure the 64k fleet where I can also uses Defense Station to help destroy it.

Altho now, I need a period of peace to rebuild me empire bank & happiness. Incorporating 6 new planets of 2 new races is expensive.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

garbon

Of course, achievements do work so...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.