And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on May 12, 2016, 03:52:34 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2016, 03:50:36 PM
By the way how do you actually see the battles being played out?  All I see is a little EU-ish line showing relative strengths.

Played out how?

To see all the pew-pew-pew lasers.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Solmyr

This game needs a history log like the other Paradox games have.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

It seems how active the mid game is depends on a combination of factors. Density and the ethos of the empires themselves. The faster space fills up, the more conflict is likely. However if pacifists predominant in a region, or the galaxy as a whole, conflict will be low regardless. Once the number of agressive empires passes some threshold, the game becomes much more paradoxy.

One way to insure lots of activity is to set the number of AIs to the max and make and then save a bunch of space jerks and force them to appear in your games. However, I think the first DLC will have to focus on fleshing out diplomacy and trade so that people in peaceful regions have more to do in the mid game.

My current game is going well. Just sent out a ship to settle my 12 th planet. Lots of war in the neighborhood. Formed an alliance against an agressively expanding empire.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

Quote from: Zanza on May 11, 2016, 11:08:41 AM
They sold 200,000 units on the first day, which is a record for Paradox. They promise lots of expansions.

Sold more in one day than EU2 or Vicky in their whole lifetime? :D

Tamas

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on May 13, 2016, 01:16:10 AM
The thread reminded me: I miss Syt :(

Did he quit? :o

EDIT: Through the power of search, I found his goodbye post. :(

How I should not that he has been lurking recently, so hopefully he'll come back one day like CdM did.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Legbiter

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 12, 2016, 08:09:30 PM
It seems how active the mid game is depends on a combination of factors. Density and the ethos of the empires themselves. The faster space fills up, the more conflict is likely. However if pacifists predominant in a region, or the galaxy as a whole, conflict will be low regardless. Once the number of agressive empires passes some threshold, the game becomes much more paradoxy.

One way to insure lots of active is to set the number of AIs to the max and make and then save a bunch of space jerks and force them to appear in your games. However, I think the first DLC will have to focus on fleshing out diplomacy and trade so that people in peaceful regions have more to do in the mid game.

My current game is going well. Just sent out a ship to settle my 12 th planet. Lots of war in the neighborhood. Formed an alliance against an agressively expanding empire.

Current status on my mid game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW2bqSbbo1g :thumbsup:

My Divine Imperium is working it's way down a galaxy spiral cleansing xeno taint along the way, just had a 4k navy get wiped out by an opposing empire fielding massive swarms of chaingun corvettes.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Maladict

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 13, 2016, 01:37:29 AM

EDIT: Through the power of search, I found his goodbye post. :(

:unsure: Care to share your powers? I can't find it.

Pedrito

b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

crazy canuck

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 12, 2016, 08:09:30 PM

One way to insure lots of active is to set the number of AIs to the max and make and then save a bunch of space jerks and force them to appear in your games. However, I think the first DLC will have to focus on fleshing out diplomacy and trade so that people in peaceful regions have more to do in the mid game.

Yeah, I have hit the mid game lull.   I purged a militaristic rival early on and the rest of my region of space wants to be my friend.

celedhring

My last war has been more difficult to win than expected. I won by outproducing the opposition, but casualties were pretty lopsided in their favor.

I probably need to improve my military tech, or design ships better. It's weird because I wanted to be a very militaristic power, but the tech draw has made me industrially stronger, while I don't feel my ship tech is up to scratch.

KRonn

I just got this, pre-ordered at Paradox, but I've only played about an hour. So far though it looks quite promising.   :)