News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HVC

Gonna go militarist Zenophobe (either a fanatic militarist or add materialist, not sure yet) shadow bug. 
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

I went with a first walkthrough as a Xenophobe Militaristic dude and got myself a few bruises while roleplaying my character effectively and insulting every repulsive bug I encountered  :yuk:

This is my "learn the ropes" walkthrough anyway, enjoying the game so far. :)

Valmy

QuoteGonna go militarist Zenophobe (either a fanatic militarist or add materialist, not sure yet) shadow bug.

You really need to get over your irrational fear of Zeno. The Isaurians are just misunderstood.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 09, 2016, 02:10:34 PM
QuoteGonna go militarist Zenophobe (either a fanatic militarist or add materialist, not sure yet) shadow bug.

You really need to get over your irrational fear of Zeno. The Isaurians are just misunderstood.

:bleeding:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on May 09, 2016, 02:14:05 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 09, 2016, 02:10:34 PM

:bleeding:

Oh I cannot make history nerd jokes here anymore?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Habbaku

My science research was going really great until my level 5 science lady won the Presidency.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on May 09, 2016, 02:30:48 PM
My science research was going really great until my level 5 science lady won the Presidency.

She probably played the woman card.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Quote from: Habbaku on May 09, 2016, 02:30:48 PM

I lost mine to a giant space amoeba.  :cry:

Zanza

I started with a random race. As a first for a Paradox game, Stellaris has a pretty good and useful tutorial mode.

PDH

The very first click on the race selection screen caused a crash for me - but since then I have played about 2 hours of stable game.  I'm mostly just knocking about in a huge galaxy, I colonized one planet and now I am looking for the Empire of Zeno.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Habbaku

I figured out how to get robots.  I am not sure they are useful in the long-term, but burning plentiful money to get a permanent mineral worker tile seems good.   :hmm:
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Habbaku on May 09, 2016, 03:20:51 PM
I figured out how to get robots.  I am not sure they are useful in the long-term, but burning plentiful money to get a permanent mineral worker tile seems good.   :hmm:

Just make sure they don't develop sentience and revolt against you.

Barrister

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 09, 2016, 09:02:12 AM
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/05/09/stellaris-review

Except for this one. It does look like a good game, but I bet it'll be a better and cheaper game in a year.

IGN looks to be a real outlier in terms of where they ranked the game.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/stellaris/critic-reviews

Total metacritic ranking is 7.9

celedhring

Habbaku

Quote from: Barrister on May 09, 2016, 03:35:41 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on May 09, 2016, 03:20:51 PM

Just make sure they don't develop sentience and revolt against you.

Why?  I see nothing wrong with giving sentience to my robot friends.

-J. R. R. Tolkien