News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

I will actually work today so I can take the day off tomorrow to play.  :ph34r: :Embarrass:

Tonitrus

Quote from: celedhring on May 08, 2016, 02:18:56 AM
Quote from: Tonitrus on May 07, 2016, 02:25:26 PM
So the first one.

While being very cool...I also hope there is an option to turn off such uber-scourges.

There's also the opportunity of the machines rising against you if you have lots of robot pops and AI research, I have read.

I think those scourges are pretty cool. It makes the game less predictable, particularly once you get to the snowball point.

Replacing your own snowball with another AI snowball?  :P

And that game looked pretty non-snowballed.

But as said, I am not against the idea...just would be nice to make it optional.

I'm sure whoever does a good Star Trek mod will have a Borg scourge...just like how in Birth of the Federation, they could easily ruin a game for you.  :P

celedhring

That was a hands-off game, right? So no player snowball.

Now, I agree that if it's something that happens in almost every game I will be disappointed. But I like them coming up with stuff to make the game less predictable in the latter stages. I look forward ganging up with my former enemies to fend off an insurmountable external threat. That's so sci-fi   :cool:

Anyhow, even if they don't include the option to exclude them, they can be easily modded off.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on May 08, 2016, 02:19:56 AM
I will actually work today so I can take the day off tomorrow to play.  :ph34r: :Embarrass:

What a man child! :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on May 08, 2016, 02:59:39 AM

What a man child! :P

Hey! If I was a total man child I would take the day off without making up for it today :P

Monoriu

I want to get this, but I'm not sure if it is a good idea to buy a Paradox game on release :unsure:

HVC

It annoys me a bit that it looks like only collectivists can purge.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HVC on May 08, 2016, 08:19:23 AM
It annoys me a bit that it looks like only collectivists can purge.

I believe Xenophobes can purge aliens. Collectivists can purge aliens and native species pops.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Legbiter

To get it out of my system, first species will be humans with xenophobia, collectivism and divine mandate. The Emperor protects!
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

chipwich

I will spread the seed of japanese-confederate slavery, on Earth or in Space

celedhring

RPS preview.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/05/06/stellaris-preview-events/

Loved reading that. What attracts me from this game - which is something that was a huge part of CK2's appeal to me - is how Paradox are advancing down the path of procedural storytelling in their games.

MadBurgerMaker

Where are you located?  I forget these things.  They've said it will be a "late afternoon" GMT release tomorrow: 

http://www.pcinvasion.com/stellaris-release-time-pre-load

celedhring

Spain. Yeah, I counted on it being an afternoon release. I'll do my groceries and go to the gym in the morning. I will need enough food to last me a few days.  :ph34r:

Solmyr

Excellent, that means I'll have it after I get home from work. :)

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: celedhring on May 08, 2016, 02:39:47 PM
Spain. Yeah, I counted on it being an afternoon release. I'll do my groceries and go to the gym in the morning. I will need enough food to last me a few days.  :ph34r:

:lol:  Well that works out nicely then.