News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

I checked both Tim. Quill is more annoying to you than the Elysium guy? Really?

garbon

The woman in his let's play seemed placed simply to convince gamer bros that women have no place in games. :bleeding:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tamas on May 06, 2016, 07:28:55 AM
I checked both Tim. Quill is more annoying to you than the Elysium guy? Really?

I watched all 8 Elysium videos that are up. I stopped after one with Quill.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

I have never watched let's play videos for an unreleased game before. That's how hyped I'm for this one. Bring in Monday already.  :cry:

Martinus

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2016, 07:46:12 AM
The woman in his let's play seemed placed simply to convince gamer bros that women have no place in games. :bleeding:

She's apparently a great map maker.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 06, 2016, 09:24:49 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 06, 2016, 07:46:12 AM

She's apparently a great map maker.

Oh?

Martinus

Are the Unbidden some sort of special end game scourge or just a typical Paradox blob?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Martinus on May 07, 2016, 04:07:55 AM
Are the Unbidden some sort of special end game scourge or just a typical Paradox blob?

They're [spoiler]an extra-dimensional demonic invasion that can be caused by reckless experimentation while attempting to invent advanced FTL systems. All those AI empires that were conquered had their populations devoured, body and soul.

They seem to have invaded earlier than usual, which made the situation worse.[/spoiler]
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

So the first one.

While being very cool...I also hope there is an option to turn off such uber-scourges.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 07, 2016, 02:25:26 PM
So the first one.

While being very cool...I also hope there is an option to turn off such uber-scourges.

There's also the opportunity of the machines rising against you if you have lots of robot pops and AI research, I have read.

I think those scourges are pretty cool. It makes the game less predictable, particularly once you get to the snowball point.