STELLARIS: New Paradox Game in SPAAAACE

Started by Syt, July 30, 2015, 10:12:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

The Babylon 5 scenario sounds neat and would entice me back into the game.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 29, 2016, 12:30:04 PM
About the Scourge or your slurs towards those who may have developmental disorders?

The later -_-
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 29, 2016, 09:34:58 PM

I don't know.  I worry it sounds sort of skeletonised and how often is it really occurring. Would be better if they were working on more common, broad content.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 29, 2016, 07:30:56 AM
Scourge showed up a second time.

Pretty nasty term there Tim, I'd have hoped you could be more respectful.

Have we really stooped so low on Languish that we will now enforce not using the "R" word, or are you joking?

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Martinus on August 30, 2016, 05:44:00 AM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 29, 2016, 07:30:56 AM
Scourge showed up a second time.

Pretty nasty term there Tim, I'd have hoped you could be more respectful.

Have we really stooped so low on Languish that we will now enforce not using the "R" word, or are you joking?
Are you defending Tim?
PDH!

FunkMonk

Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2016, 02:09:21 AM

I don't know.  I worry it sounds sort of skeletonised and how often is it really occurring. Would be better if they were working on more common, broad content.

Fair point, though it looks like it is being worked in conjunction with the total overhaul of fallen empires.

I'd much rather they work on an actual trade system.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on August 30, 2016, 07:12:04 AM
Quote from: garbon on August 30, 2016, 02:09:21 AM

Fair point, though it looks like it is being worked in conjunction with the total overhaul of fallen empires.

I'd much rather they work on an actual trade system.

Yeah, I won't say that I have any issue with them making fallen empires better, it's just that it is a little concerning that unless they are holding back on large things, they don't seem to be focusing on what's missing. So notion of Shadow vs. Vorlon war is cool (as is fixes to Fallen Empires) but doesn't really address middle game tedium.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

I disagree, garbon - the fallen empire bit is exactly one way to make mid game eventful.

garbon

Sorry, my sentence had continued but I deleted it. I had a bit how I think it'd be ridiculous if some sort of Fallen Empire battling was always expected in the mid-game.

Grey Fox

Isn't this Empire idea just another form of the end game?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

No, by endgame Fallen Empires are pushovers.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

celedhring

Well, if it's something that pops up mid-game it can potentially make for a fun save I guess. But as garbon says, you just can't rely on that single event to liven up every single save.

So far this patch seem to have a bunch of nice changes, but none that fundamentally addresses the mid-game dullness issue.