And we're back!

Main Menu

Her Royal Heilness

Started by Syt, July 18, 2015, 04:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2015, 07:50:42 PM
Liz= Slow
one more reason to get rid of her as head of state.  Poor judgment and slow intellect.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on July 18, 2015, 11:35:15 PM
one more reason to get rid of her as head of state.  Poor judgment and slow intellect.

Watch "The Queen" if you can on cable.  It will change your entire mindset about the British royal family.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Admiral Yi

Valmy

Bah Hitler had hardly done anything evil in 1933. That gesture was more closely associated with Mussolini beating up Communists and making the trains run on time back then.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Plus, you know, they could just be goofing around.  Maybe even mocking the Nazzies.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 20, 2015, 11:23:16 AM
Plus, you know, they could just be goofing around.  Maybe even mocking the Nazzies.

They were kind of silly looking before they started being horrifying.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2015, 11:16:21 AM
Bah Hitler had hardly done anything evil in 1933. That gesture was more closely associated with Mussolini beating up Communists and making the trains run on time back then.

He had written an evil book. People just didn't bother reading it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 20, 2015, 11:45:15 AM

It wasn't really a page turner.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 20, 2015, 11:45:15 AM

Only two times it was read - during his regime and later polisci courses.

Malthus

Quote from: viper37 on July 18, 2015, 11:35:15 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2015, 07:50:42 PM
Liz= Slow

Heh I saw this "news" item and my immediate thought was 'Vipes must be delighted'.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Lack of intellect or ability are actually pluses in her job. You don't want somebody who might accidentally say an independent thought and trigger a political backlash.

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2015, 12:05:01 PM
Lack of intellect or ability are actually pluses in her job. You don't want somebody who might accidentally say an independent thought and trigger a political backlash.
:yes:  Her 'job' is basically just to exist, unfortunately.  I think it'd be awesome to live under a capable absolute monarch but those days are long gone.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on July 20, 2015, 12:11:41 PM
I think it'd be awesome to live under a capable absolute monarch but those days are long gone.

Charles XII. :yes: :wub:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 20, 2015, 12:11:41 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2015, 12:05:01 PM
:yes:  Her 'job' is basically just to exist, unfortunately.  I think it'd be awesome to live under a capable absolute monarch but those days are long gone.

Frederick II would have lasted about a week in her job before killing himself.